LS1 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 Swap

Buddy of mine has been trying to get me to do a LS1 swap on my fox body. How many of you guys have done this? I've been wanting to ditch my 306 with S-Trim for a fast N/A motor. Will mainly be a street car with little track passes. I don't know anything about LS1's. Just wondering if this is the way to go. Any input would be Great!!!

Thanks!!!!

coyote?
    1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Conversions & Swaps - Another Mustang LS2 swap in progress... - I'll post my progress as I get things done, but today I just wanted to get the motor/tranny in the car and see how it fits. '07 LS2 with a M12 out of a '05 GTO. I put a small FTI cam in the motor while I had it out of the car. That's about all it will...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
        Buddy of mine has been trying to get me to do a LS1 swap on my fox body. How many of you guys have done this? I've been wanting to ditch my 306 with S-Trim for a fast N/A motor. Will mainly be a street car with little track passes. I don't know anything about LS1's. Just wondering if this is the way to go. Any input would be Great!!!

Thanks!!!!
        Wtf!? Why? Blown 306 is much more fun than a LS1

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
          Wtf!? Why? Blown 306 is much more fun than a LS1
          It is pretty fun but want to go back to N/A. Just kicking around some ideas. Not sure what I actually plan on doing yet. May just do a H/C/I upgrade on my current 306.

Comment

or you could buy a 351 and H/C/I that. =)
            1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

You still running that set-up?

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
                or you could buy a 351 and H/C/I that. =)
                That was my initial planning. To build a stout 408. I'm not in any hurry so have a lot of time to figure out what I want to do.

Comment

It is pretty fun but want to go back to N/A. Just kicking around some ideas. Not sure what I actually plan on doing yet. May just do a H/C/I upgrade on my current 306.
                  Build a 408-427 Windsor NA, make 550 wheel and a shit ton of torque. It'd feel like a newer Viper and run like one too...

If you get bored you can always throw a blower on that like I used to run... blown 408s are good times.

Comment

You still running that set-up?
                    Yes

Comment

Do it!
                      Ill sell you my swap parts!

Comment

Lol@ tags, this is obviously going to happen in every tuning or ls1 thread now.

Comment

What would a complete LS1 swap cost about?

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                            Build a 408-427 Windsor NA, make 550 wheel and a shit ton of torque. It'd feel like a newer Viper and run like one too...

If you get bored you can always throw a blower on that like I used to run... blown 408s are good times.
                            This...I don't get guys swapping ls motors into mustangs. I made 420/380 to the tires from a basic off the shelf parts 347 on a stock tune and great driveability. A 408 would easily make 500/460 without trying and on the cheap with off the shelf parts. Hunt for used stuff and save even more!

Comment

Between $2-8K depending on how much you shop around.

I wanted an all aluminum setup that fit under a stock hood and didn't drive like shit except for WFO. It makes 500hp using stock MAF, TB, intake, injectors, ect with power steering and it will chug along in 6th gear at 1500RPM no bucking/surge.

Comment

Working...
                              X