Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running MM Road Track Box Suspension Kit / Exhaust question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running MM Road Track Box Suspension Kit / Exhaust question?

Anyone else running the Maximum Motorsports foxbody suspension kit? (Sweet kit!) http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...dfe2bff530b92b

Question. What exhaust are you running? I'm thinking I'm going to have fitment issues if I go with longtubes like I want to...

Please let me know if you or anyone else you know is running this kit, and what exhaust they're running? I called MM and a couple exhaust manufacturers. No help.

Going on my 1990:

Payment can be found in the NSFW work section of picture/vid forum, for I am at le office.

Give Yale a shout. I know he's looked into a couple of the MM setups for his Fox and he might have an opinion/information.

Comment

Just curious but do you see that intake as a potential limiting factor ? I was thinking about getting it but there are others that claim better flow, but more expensive

Comment

Originally posted by waycooljr View Post
        Just curious but do you see that intake as a potential limiting factor ? I was thinking about getting it but there are others that claim better flow, but more expensive
        Yes, I have a trickflow top end kit that's about to go in. It's getting the street burner intake which I think is fantastic. Had it on my last coupe.

Now I need to figure out what to replace the TFS stage 1 cam with... But not to get off topic...

Comment

Are you worried about ground clearance, or fitament with the steering shaft? I had a coupe that was lowered 2 inches and had long tubes... The only problems I had were speed bumps, I would bang the headers every time. Other than that, I don't think it will be a problem.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

If you are going to put the torque arm on the car, you will have issues with SOME h or X pipes clearing the front Torque arm mount. You will also have issues getting around the panhard bar with most cat back setups unless they are similar to the stock catback size/routing. As far as lowering the car, you will likely have issues with the LT's dragging on speed bumps and other high spots in the road, but that isn't caused by the MM stuff, just the nature of a lowered car.

I ended up having to make a custom X pipe for my car to clear the torque arm cross member but I also have a different trans cross member in my car from an 03 cobra.

Comment

Good looking car. You are going to be happy with how the car drives after you install these parts especially if you do the brakes at the same time. I am running Dynomax 2.5-inch polished SS tailpipes and the test of the exhaust custom. I made my headers and 3-inch x-pipe. The rear has the torque arm/panhard bar/adjustable sway bar and there is plenty of room around it all for the 2.5-inch pipes.

Comment

I had to get the crossover on my X-pipe and the flanges at one end moved to clear the torque arm crossmember. It's not all that expensive to get done at an exhaust shop.
                Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Thanks fellas. Good responses-much appreciated. Custom it is...

Comment

I wish I could be more help, but everything was setup on my car before I bought it. It has coil overs, a k-member brace, and tubular control arms in the back. As for exhaust, it just has some tubular shorties.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                    X