plumber/gas line heater help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plumber/gas line heater help

do we have anyone that can help me install.. or I'll pay someone to do it...

I have a gas heater like you would see in a shop hanging from the ceiling of a small shop .. I'm thinking about putting it in my garage but need help mainly because I don't like messing with gas stuff

I want to mount it a couple feet away from my water heater which is gas so I don't think it will be too hard

I'll post pics of it in a minute..
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 12-11-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

it's all very low pressure so you really dont have to worry, just work fast use the yellow pipe dope on it and obviously shut off the other pilot light. i'd focus on getting it hung where you want it first (you can do that) and then if you need to, let someone come and tie it in. but really if you get all your measurements home depot will even cut and thread the pipe. i'll be back the 22-26 if you still need a hand. just let me know.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

oh, i am not an electrician, i dont do anything with wiring, so other than piping it in, thats on you!
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

I'd run the pipe yourself, like Rodney said, and have someone come tie in to the gas line. That's what I'm going to do when I go to a tankless water heater.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I can help you Brett if I'm in town. As a coworker told me about running 220v power to the garage. It's just the fear of the unknown, but it's simple shit.
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

well fuck.... not a single union or obama comment ???? fuck this thread!!!! and i think its Brent, but all us white folk look alike!

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I decided to save this heater for john's shop and I found a 30k btu dearborn on CL so i'm going to put it on a propane bottom and for less than $100 it'll be warm in my garage

Comment

I'll let you know. I know a few plumbers. I've got to increase the size from 1/2" to 3/4" for the Rennai. I'm also going to add a line to the kitchen, so I can put in a gas range.

Comment

I dunno why I said Brett. I'm working with Harley talementarez or something like that who knows all y'all MacArthur cats
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

As far as the pipe size increase it will just be changing the tee from the city supply. It's likely 3/4x3/4x1/2 and you need a full bore 3/4 tee. You may need a permit for that though or pay the city to do it
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        I dunno why I said Brett. I'm working with Harley talementarez or something like that who knows all y'all MacArthur cats
                        Hahahaha. Tell Harley I said Mickeys & Xanax! He's a funny dude. I've known him since Jr High.

Comment

Normal natural gas pressure is about 1/3 PSI so leaks are not common. Use black iron pipe and not the galvanized stuff.

I would recommend not using the heater that you have pictured unless you have a VERY drafty garage. Gas heaters that do not vent to the outside are notorious killers in smaller spaces. Make sure to install TWO CO detectors in your garage if you do run this heater.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                          X