Computer geeks, we still need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer geeks, we still need help!

Still looking to fill a position in my company. If you have any of the following experience and are interested, holla' at me! We get a referral fee for recommending someone and they stay 90 days. Company has great benefits!

Responsibilities:
    As a member of this world wide team, you will help debug and solve problems that may arise during the implementation of complex solutions by external and internal customers using our products.

• Provide phone/email/Webex consultation to debug customer problems
    • Utilize good communication skills (phone/email) to provide excellent support to the TIBCO customer base
    • Understand the problem reported by the customer and reproduce it locally within the support lab
    • Document problems accurately and completely, their solutions, and defects
    • Investigate and provide workarounds as applicable
    • Work with other teams within Support as required
    • Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally
    • Learn the technologies required for supporting the TIBCO products
    • Create KnowledgeBase articles (FAQ/Solutions) that provide repeat value to the TIBCO customer base
    • Mentor less experienced staff as appropriate

Qualifications:

• 5-8 years of relevant experience in a software technical position
    • Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
    • Programming/Support experience with Java or C
    • Unix and Windows administration and debugging experience
    • Experience with several of the following: J2EE, JMS, XML/XPATH, Web services, web development, app/web servers, networking, TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP
    • Practical experience with Oracle and/or SQL server required
    • Enjoy working with people and a customer driven attitude is critical
    • Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent

Bump, we are hiring again! If you know anyone qualified, send 'em over! Company is easy to work for, small office here in Arlington, mid sized corporate office in Palo Alto. Great benefits (awesome insurance).

Plus, we have a foosball table (Tornado professional table) and play foosball, a lot!

Comment

BUMP.

Hiring again, doesn't anyone in IT have some of these skills and wanna new job in Arlington?

Comment

Fairly vague job description and the IT folks I know on here, most would not be interested in it based off the qualifications.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Fairly vague job description and the IT folks I know on here, most would not be interested in it based off the qualifications.
          Yeah, 5-8 years exp with a bachelors? They're gonna have to pay some top dollar for that alone, methinks.

Comment

I have mad Foosball skills. Does that count?

Comment

I was once able to reset my IP address via cmd prompt.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Yeah, 5-8 years exp with a bachelors? They're gonna have to pay some top dollar for that alone, methinks.
                Pay and benefits are not bad, but I am unsure what the pay scale is now. Negotiating salary is a plus!

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                I have mad Foosball skills. Does that count?
                Fuck yeah!
                Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                I was once able to reset my IP address via cmd prompt.
                More than the last one could do!

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  There would be nobody that has the software experience that we support, so having the background in Unix/Linux/Windows Admin, plus some Database skills is a good base. The SW is Java based, so Java is a big plus. It's SW used by major companies, like banks, insurance, Fed. Government, etc. and used for business workflows. (BPM, Business Process Management).

Once someone is hired, they go thru training, and it will be a minimum of 3 months before they were taking any clients Service Requests, but is based off how they learn and feel comfortable taking them. Last girl (who thankfully is no longer there) started in June and never took 1. Thankfully, she was recently relieved of her duties...

Comment

TTT, we're hiring again. If you, or anyone you know is looking for IT work, check us out. it isn't a super hard job, not easy, but not like it is rocket science. Plus, if someone I know is hired, I get $$$, and I'll split it with whomever it is.

Great benefits, 4 weeks vacation a year, 10 sick days, awesome health insurance, and foosball! The game room was recently doubled in size, and we should get a pool table or something else added.

If you do apply, please use my name for the referral (Rob Walter) and we'll get the cash after 90 days of work.

To refer a candidate for a position at TIBCO please direct the candidate to our external TIBCO web site careers page athttp://www.tibco.com/company/career-opportunities/ so they can apply online for the position (they will have an opportunity during the submission process to select Employee Referral as the source and list your name as the referrer). Once they have applied online you can also email a copy of the resume to the appropriate recruiter below. Please be sure to indicate that your submission is an employee referral when contacting the recruiter and let them know that the candidate has already applied online for the position

Support Engineer –1701 E. Lamar Blvd. Arlington, TX 76006

As a member of this world wide team, you will help debug and solve problems that may arise during the implementation of complex solutions by external and internal customers using our products.
                    Provide phone/email/Webex consultation to debug customer problems
                    Utilize good communication skills (phone/email) to provide excellent support to the TIBCO customer base
                    Understand the problem reported by the customer and reproduce it locally within the support lab
                    Document problems accurately and completely, their solutions, and defects
                    Investigate and provide workarounds as applicable
                    Work with other teams within Support as required
                    Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally
                    Learn the technologies required for supporting the TIBCO products
                    Create KnowledgeBase articles (FAQ/Solutions) that provide repeat value to the TIBCO customer base
                    Mentor less experienced staff as appropriate
                    5-8 years of relevant experience in a software technical position
                    Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
                    Programming/Support experience with Java or C
                    Unix and Windows administration and debugging experience
                    Experience with several of the following: J2EE, JMS, XML/XPATH, Web services, web development, app/web servers, networking, TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP
                    Practical experience with Oracle and/or SQL server required
                    Enjoy working with people and a customer driven attitude is critical
                    Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent
                    If you are possibly interested, please forward a copy of your updated resume to me at the email address below and confirm you are amenable to a daily commute to Arlington.
                    You should also apply to the position through the link provided below.
                    Last edited by yellowstang; 05-08-2015, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Any PM or BA positions?

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                        Any PM or BA positions?
                        No idea, the only one I know about is for the Support Eng. in our office. Go check the website and look around.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                          Any PM or BA positions?
                          I think we've got some PM openings but not sure if it'll be in the Irving office. Message me for a link to the recruiting page.

Comment

Working...
                          X