DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
IHaveAMustang
RIP DFWstangs.net
 
IHaveAMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 3,816
Default Addax Minerals / Companies offering to buy mineral royalties

Got two letters over the past week about a company named Addax Minerals that offers to buy 7 - 10 years of your royalty checks in one lump sum (obviously at a less rate than you would get if you waited the full term)

I'm interested in this as my wife and I are close to paying off her College Loans and wouldn't mind a check (if it's substantial enough) and we are moving in the next 2 or so years, so I should cash in now before we leave.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?
__________________
IHaveAMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
ceyko
Lifer
VIP Member
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Van Alstyne, TX
Posts: 17,097
Default

If it's any company that deals with crap sucked out of the earth, they are looking to fuck you over in one way or another. Count on it.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #3
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!
 
Trip McNeely's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 37,176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
If it's any company that deals with crap sucked out of the earth, they are looking to fuck you over in one way or another. Count on it.
Then become Amish and stop consuming.
__________________
'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
'13 Escalade
Trip McNeely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #4
propellerhead
Time Served
 
propellerhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Not CONUS
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
Got two letters over the past week about a company named Addax Minerals that offers to buy 7 - 10 years of your royalty checks in one lump sum (obviously at a less rate than you would get if you waited the full term)

I'm interested in this as my wife and I are close to paying off her College Loans and wouldn't mind a check (if it's substantial enough) and we are moving in the next 2 or so years, so I should cash in now before we leave.

Anyone have any experience with this type of thing?
What kind of royalty checks have you been getting? I got two $1 checks since 2006.
__________________
Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.
propellerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:42 PM   #5
94form2000z
Creepadeepin
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: DFDUB
Posts: 3,669
Default

Here ya go:
http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...mineral+rights
94form2000z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #6
IHaveAMustang
RIP DFWstangs.net
 
IHaveAMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 3,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead View Post
What kind of royalty checks have you been getting? I got two $1 checks since 2006.
Nothing yet, they just finished the well drilling and have put their pipes/equipment in. I just signed the lease about a year ago.
__________________
IHaveAMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #7
Nick Chapman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
Nothing yet, they just finished the well drilling and have put their pipes/equipment in. I just signed the lease about a year ago.
Didn't know a renter could get royalty checks
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:28 AM   #8
94form2000z
Creepadeepin
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: DFDUB
Posts: 3,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
Didn't know a renter could get royalty checks
He signed the mineral rights lease.
94form2000z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:29 AM   #9
zachary
Lifer
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 3,688
Default

Pm sent.
zachary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #10
IHaveAMustang
RIP DFWstangs.net
 
IHaveAMustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller
Posts: 3,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Chapman View Post
Didn't know a renter could get royalty checks
lol, just noticed this...not renting.

We own our house (er the bank does and we just bend over every month) and we have .366 acres. Already leased the mineral rights...
__________________
IHaveAMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.