Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just sold a rifle on gunbroker, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sold a rifle on gunbroker, now what?

I need to ship this man his rifle and correct me if I am wrong but since he does not live in this state (Texas) I will need to send it to a FFL holder in his state correct? Also I can just go down to UPS or FedEx and send it out as long as I tell them what is in the box right?

Seems like this might have been something to consider before selling! Lol.

No knowledge to add
    2012 GT500

Comment

You need to send it to his FFL in his state. Send it UPS.

Enclose a copy of your driver's license with the package so that the dealer can log the rifle in as having been sent by you in his acquisition book.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

WRX

Comment

You may have to find an actual hub as from my previous experience is that stores won't ship guns or hazardous materials.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            You may have to find an actual hub as from my previous experience is that stores won't ship guns or hazardous materials.
            That's the way it works around here too. The shitty thing is that the hub here isn't open until around 430 pm.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Send from a hub as David said, stores are usually ignorant and freak out when you mention it's a gun. Do not mark anywhere on the package that it is a firarm but let UPS know it is one when dropping it off. Don't send USPS because, well, they're USPS... and Fedex seems to always be anti gun when I deal with them

Comment

And for the love of god put some effort into the packaging. When my Sako 85 that I bought off of GB showed up the guy had just tossed in a box. Luckily it somehow made it across the country without damage, but it was still irritating considering it wasn't exactly a cheap gun and I bought it because of the quality of the wood.

Comment

as David said ship from a hub. The individual stores are directed by corporate to tell you that so they cover their own ass

Comment

I had no issues using Fedex with mine. And my local Fedex hub is open normal hours. The only thing they said is with shipping firearms has to be overnight, Except in the case of the XDs recall - they had a deal worked out for 2day shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      I had no issues using Fedex with mine. And my local Fedex hub is open normal hours. The only thing they said is with shipping firearms has to be overnight, Except in the case of the XDs recall - they had a deal worked out for 2day shipping.
                      Handguns have to be shipped overnight/express, long guns can be shipped ground

Comment

Gotcha.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          You need to send it to his FFL in his state. Send it UPS.

Enclose a copy of your driver's license with the package so that the dealer can log the rifle in as having been sent by you in his acquisition book.
                          While this is legal to do, some FFL's do not accept guns shipped from a non-FFL. Some are picky and only take used guns in on a FTF basis.

Reasoning...... you can not verify the gun is from the person shipping it. Example, you grab your brothers DL and make a copy and send the gun.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                            While this is legal to do, some FFL's do not accept guns shipped from a non-FFL. Some are picky and only take used guns in on a FTF basis.

Reasoning...... you can not verify the gun is from the person shipping it. Example, you grab your brothers DL and make a copy and send the gun.

I don't understand why it would matter. It's not really their job to check the person out who sent it but rather the one who is receiving it.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                              I don't understand why it would matter. It's not really their job to check the person out who sent it but rather the one who is receiving it.
                              My guess is they just want to extra careful and keep out of trouble with the feds for receiving stolen property.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X