So this is "DONE"? I call BS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is "DONE"? I call BS!

I get the call Friday that my car is done and I'm not able to go and pick it up till Tuesday because of work. Well my brother sees the car and says I'm not gonna be happy and sends me some pics, he was right. This morning I get up and go "check out my car" while the shop is closed because the car is out front. Let it be known I'm not happy and they have had the car for a MONTH AND A HALF!! :bang:unch:

EDIT: Pics are FIXED

So a guyruns a red light and "didn't see me" so now i have a wounded bird.. I hope I don't get screwed on this! :mad:

Accident pics

day i bought it
    LSx, LS1, LS2 LS7 GM Performance & Technical Information

a chip in the hatch they tried to "cover up" with touch up paint

Last edited by gav91183; 01-31-2011, 06:55 AM.

this is what it looked like

Last edited by gav91183; 01-31-2011, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Who did the work? Fender mender by any chance?

Comment

Piss poor work right there, be on the look out for self-tappers !!!
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

self tappers? it was at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine.. Then I told him how the bumper was supposed to be painted. Lower part was black, and they didnt even do that. Guy seemed like a stand up guy but now if they expect me to take this HELL NO! I hope Allstate looks at this and says fix it OTHERWISE Im getting my ins company involved or talking to a few lawyer friends i know

Im thinking they are getting are getting pressure to get it out from allstate
          Last edited by gav91183; 01-30-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Self tapping screws (think sheet-metal). It's what bodyshop hacks do when they cant get parts to line up correctly.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

well eitherway it's crap and I'm refusing it. Calling them tomorrow and throwing a fit.

Comment

I didn't know Ray Charles was doing body work.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I didn't know Ray Charles was doing body work.
                  X2 damn
                  2014 GT
                  2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I bet they used a bunch of aftermarket parts rather than OEM thus causing a lot of the poor fitment issues. Most INS mandate aftermarket since it's cheaper but you can say no and to use OEM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      I bet they used a bunch of aftermarket parts rather than OEM thus causing a lot of the poor fitment issues. Most INS mandate aftermarket since it's cheaper but you can say no and to use OEM.
                      well now what? they said they HAD to use recycled parts per Allstate. Because I asked the P&B guy when we started. I remember when I had my sentra and I used a new part they made me pay the difference.

Comment

Damn, the dealership lets shit roll out like that? Thats a shit job, I would be raising hell too.

Comment

If they are not a (Allstate Pro shop) it is going to be between the shop and you ...

Comment

its a recommended shop thats in their network

Comment

Wow, that sucks... I don't understand why shops think that's acceptable? I've seen some shops totally fuck up a clean car. Makes me angry even though it's not mine. Good luck with that brother. If they don't want to fix it I'd definitely call an attorney, free consultations are the shit! Not trying to be a C-lawyer or anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X