Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Unlimited" tickets at the State Fair, or how we tried to spend $1000 and gain 10 lbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Unlimited" tickets at the State Fair, or how we tried to spend $1000 and gain 10 lbs

Yes, these are snapchat screenshots. It was the quickest way we could think to document the day with notes/comments.

"Unlimited" is not really far from the truth. My wife, my brother, my sister-in-law, and I walked into the State Fair at 10am Sunday with somewhere around $1000 in tickets with the goal of spending ALL of them.

This is where it started. The red tickets (top left) cost $0.50 each. 20 per sheet.
    The stack on the top right was 440 tickets and 4 admission tickets (that I gave to one our VPs so he could take his daughters), so I'm guessing our big stack was 4-5 times that big.

First beer at 10:09 with a funnel cake backer.
    Second beer at 10:19 with some mini corndogs. We're off to a smashing start.
    Car show? Grab a beer and check out the SRT Challenger.
    Mexican Firecrackers, and Millionaire's Pie got us through about 11:30.

Grilled gator kebab, fried crawfish pie, smoked turkey leg, and a jalapeno corndog all before we made it to the Midway.

Oh and there were beers at every stop.

Finally we started playing games... then had to stop for some fried deviled eggs.

Gotta get some Dippin Dots!
    It's about this time that I really felt like an asshole. I ordered a Shiner. As I was taking my first sip my sister-in-law yelled at me and was standing in front of some Lakewood Kolsch on tap. I threw away an entire beer just to save stomach space and got the Lakewood.

The asshole feeling faded pretty quickly though as we moved into the fried deserts. Oh and we realized we could revert back and exchange tickets back into game credits. Didn't even count and grabbed a random stack of coupons to exchange from the pocket - turned out to be $340 worth. The stack of tickets there is where we were around 1pm after a metric fuckload of food, beer, and games.

Then we kept going. Tornado Taters, bitches.

More games... then we started running out of steam and were getting sufficiently claustrophobic in the crowds so we headed off to the coup de grĂ¢ce - Chicken fried lobster tail with champagne gravy. 60 tickets ($30) for one order. So of course we got some with 2 beers / 2 glasses of wine per person.
    It was epic. Best fair food I've ever had. I would think about paying that much at a restaurant.

At this point we had to tap out. There was someone in line at the fried lobster stand who was going to order a fried PB&J. We asked why he wasn't getting the lobster and he said something about the 60 ticket fare... so we handed him and his girlfriend around $200 worth of tickets and went home.

Oh, and then our dogs reaped the benefits our misadventures.

Last edited by Strychnine; 10-19-2015, 09:48 PM.

Tits or gtfo

Comment

You know what I speak of

Comment

So you were trying to one up soap?

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
          So you were trying to one up soap?
          What did he do?

(if that's a 'soap's driver chuggin booze while driving' reference, no, my brother and I got retarded, my wife drove)

Comment

Saw the snaps and was thinking "Jesus...Matt didn't hear about oil falling below $100/bbl"

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Saw the snaps and was thinking "Jesus...Matt didn't hear about oil falling below $100/bbl"
              One of the wife's corporate clients from out of town didn't use all of them last weekend. We kept asking if they wanted them back and at the last minute they said, "no, go give yourselves heart disease."

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                What did he do?

(if that's a 'soap's driver chuggin booze while driving' reference, no, my brother and I got retarded, my wife drove)
                He posted pics of his meals everyday for like a week.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  He posted pics of his meals everyday for like a week.
                  LMAO. Oh, that.

No.

One time binge. By all accounts I should die in the next 12-24 hours anyway, so you guys have nothing to worry about.

Comment

You will be missed?

Yeah, you will.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      LMAO. Oh, that.

No.

One time binge. By all accounts I should die in the next 12-24 hours anyway, so you guys have nothing to worry about.
                      Dibs on the Jeep.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the vintage f1 build. You can't kick over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          I'm still waiting for the vintage f1 build. You can't kick over yet.
                          Ugh, FML.
                          I have 14 more months of school. Maybe after that?

The wife wants a compromise, btw. The Watson Roadster is a single seater, which means she can never go be retarded with me (knowing we will never have kids makes BOTH of us want to do retarded shit all the time)
                          Her suggested compromise is a Factory Five Cobra.
                          I said, "only if it's FIA style, shitty flat white with black halibrands and knockoffs... with the flat-plane V8 from the new GT350... and we'll talk about the second roll bar later." She's on board, so we'll see what happens LMAO

Comment

You win, I'm proud of you, I'm very jealous.

Comment

Cup o butter? WTH is that? Its not literally cubes of butter is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X