Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a mistake I bought a Jeep

Nearly 50k hits in 1 day, not bad.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

If it really is that big of a piece of shit and the dealer won't do anything why not just take it out light it on fire and collect the insurance?
      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
      '13 Dodge Cummins
      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Buyer's remorse. I used to love the people who would drop the passive "this car must be a lemon" and follow it up with all the times they had to bring it in for things they perceived to be a problem or complaints which couldn't be duplicated.

Only car I ever saw get bought back was a RX8 driven by a teenage girl who I am certain never checked the oil and never used 93oct. Being a rotary, those are 2 of the 3 main rules to keeping them alive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

It's a jeep thing, you guys wouldn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
            Only car I ever saw get bought back was a RX8 driven by a teenage girl who I am certain never checked the oil and never used 93oct. Being a rotary, those are 2 of the 3 main rules to keeping them alive.

Checking the oil is a big deal but running 93 octane doesn't make a bit of difference without some boost.

I have an 04 RX-8 automatic that was lemon lawed at 18 months because the owner kept flooding it. Mazda even put a new engine in the thing but the fool refused to do anything to keep from flooding it.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              Checking the oil is a big deal but running 93 octane doesn't make a bit of difference without some boost.

I have an 04 RX-8 automatic that was lemon lawed at 18 months because the owner kept flooding it. Mazda even put a new engine in the thing but the fool refused to do anything to keep from flooding it.
              Interesting. What dealer did you buy it from? Who did the warranty motor and when?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                  Interesting. What dealer did you buy it from? Who did the warranty motor and when?

It was leased to a pharmaceutical company in NJ and I knew nothing about any of what I described until I ran a carfax on it and then later checked the VIN history with Mazda. A dealer in NJ is shown to have swapped the engine I believe. I bought it running with low compression from a stripper with the intent of putting the engine into a 1st gen that I have but pulled the engine and put new seals and springs into it instead.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

BMW-NA bought back just about every 07-09 335i that were in california recently. It's hard to buy a clean title one, because most on the market are california auction cars with a lemon title. (High Pressure Fuel Pump problem that they finally found a fix for after the fact.)

Comment

How does one flood a modern, fuel injected engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                        BMW-NA bought back just about every 07-09 335i that were in california recently. It's hard to buy a clean title one, because most on the market are california auction cars with a lemon title. (High Pressure Fuel Pump problem that they finally found a fix for after the fact.)
                        That's funny. When I was looking to buy a 135i that's the only issue I could find they had. Like you said apparently it was squared away and all of them had been recalled and a new fuel pump installed.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                          apparently there was a software issue or something with rx8's for awhile because ive come across quite a few in the shop with no apparent reason back when they first started coming in

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post

Cold start injects more gas into the cylinder and you need to let it warm up. If you cold start it, then kill it, all that excess gas floods it. Rotary is far more susceptible to it than a regular piston engine.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                              Cold start injects more gas into the cylinder and you need to let it warm up. If you cold start it, then kill it, all that excess gas floods it. Rotary is far more susceptible to it than a regular piston engine.
                              This times 100. Cold start and kill it and it will not start again for you without swapping plugs 9/10. It is the number 1 reason that the RX8 gets towed.

Comment

Working...
                              X