X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bcoop
    replied
    Originally posted by Shorty View Post
    I know people that have worked for and with him and they've said the same thing. His food and restaurants are what they are but he's a dick.
    Can confirm.

Leave a comment:

• Baron Von Crowder
    replied
    Dino's.

Leave a comment:

• Shorty
    replied
    Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    I just know people who've done business with him and their stories have tainted my opinion. His name actually came up in a conversation with someone (in the restaurant industry) a couple weeks ago, and they said... and I quote... "Oh he's a fucking cocksucker of the highest level."
    ("Eat, Drink, and Burn Bridges" article from FW Weekly with similar sentiments)

But I've never met the guy, and this doesn't change the fact that a $16 prime rib at Lonesome Dove is a badass lunch
    I know people that have worked for and with him and they've said the same thing. His food and restaurants are what they are but he's a dick.

Leave a comment:

• Craizie
    replied
    Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Perry's Friday pork chop is the best Friday lunch deal in town, but I don't think there is one in Fort Worth. There IS one in Grapevine. May be too late to get a reservation.
    That shit is tasty. A few of us at work usually end up getting those for take out at least 1 Friday a month.

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyS
    replied
    HG Supply was started two local guys one who lives in Oak Cliff. He has killed it at multiple restaurants in DFW. He worked his way up at Charlie Palmers from the bottom. His wife is still pretty involved at Boulevardier in OC which is also nice.

Leave a comment:

• GrayStangGT
    replied
    Whenever I'm in FW around lunchtime I tend to hit HG Supply or Cork & Pig.
    Ended up going to HG Supply and it was very good. Had the Bison Frito Pie and wife had the chicken sandwich with a couple of Rahr Beers.

Leave a comment:

• BP
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Ojos locos
    It's been a CVS for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• GrayStangGT
    replied
    We have a Cork and Pig in Odessa and Angelo, but HG Supply looks very interesting.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Perry's Friday pork chop is the best Friday lunch deal in town, but I don't think there is one in Fort Worth. There IS one in Grapevine. May be too late to get a reservation.
    That is an insane looking pork chop, I'll have to check into it.

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
    since its thursday keep on moving to dallas and go to The Lodge for steak and lobster.
    Wife doesn't appreciate the Lodge or Ojos Locos as much as I do lol.

Leave a comment:

• snacksnack
    replied
    since its thursday keep on moving to dallas and go to The Lodge for steak and lobster.

Leave a comment:

• Strychnine
    replied
    Originally posted by cool cat View Post
    What’s your beef with Tim Love?
    I just know people who've done business with him and their stories have tainted my opinion. His name actually came up in a conversation with someone (in the restaurant industry) a couple weeks ago, and they said... and I quote... "Oh he's a fucking cocksucker of the highest level."
    ("Eat, Drink, and Burn Bridges" article from FW Weekly with similar sentiments)

But I've never met the guy, and this doesn't change the fact that a $16 prime rib at Lonesome Dove is a badass lunch
    Last edited by Strychnine; 11-21-2019, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cool cat
    replied
    Also, Lonesome Dove in the Stockyards has a $16 price prime rib lunch on Fridays. Kinda hate giving money to Tim Love, but it's a damn good meal.
    What’s your beef with Tim Love?

Leave a comment:

• Strychnine
    replied
    Also, Lonesome Dove in the Stockyards has a $16 price prime rib lunch on Fridays. Kinda hate giving money to Tim Love, but it's a damn good meal.

Leave a comment:

• Ruffdaddy
    replied
    Ojos locos

Leave a comment:

• bcoop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Strychnine
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X