Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So here's a question for the believers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jester
    replied
    Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    So now you have to be crazy in order to understand stories?

What would I call it? Rational thinking. And god didn't send me, an angel of light did... /sarcasm

You said you hated religious people, I showed you how you were a religious person. If that word didn't define your thoughts correctly, you should have chosen a better word. I hate unprovoked bible thumping or the ridicule of religion, if you keep track of when I ridicule religion or other peoples thoughts it's always in reaction to something other people have said. I don't start the conversations, but I'm damn sure not going to run from them. Regarding the bolded part, so do I. They had absolutely no idea that I was an atheist until I told them because the topic of religion came up. You know what, they're cool with the way I see things, I'm cool with the way they see things, and we've got an unspoken agreement not to allow our differing thoughts on the topic to get in the way of our friendship.
    So you are an atheist? So how did everything get here? I mean, seriously? Atheism has always been one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. SOMETHING made this all. Are you one of these atheists that doesn't believe in God and Jesus or are you the type that believes there is zero higher power at all?

What exactly makes you an atheist? How is that rational thinking? I don't care if you think we were put here by aliens...........makes a helluva lot more sense then not believing in anything.

Leave a comment:

• racrguy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jester View Post
    Well, then I guess I am religious if that is the definition. And I don't hate them at all. I just can't stand to be around someone that is going to preach to me. Are you actually saying you understand the Bible? Seriously? You can explain with no problem every story in the Bible and what it means? And I'm nuts?
    So now you have to be crazy in order to understand stories?

And honestly, you are testing people's faith every day. I am not saying that God sat you down and gave you this job and you are hiding wings and all that, but anytime you talk to a "religious" person and they start to question what they believe after talking to you.......well, what would you call it?
    What would I call it? Rational thinking. And god didn't send me, an angel of light did... /sarcasm
    It's just like vadertt just mentioned. He was stopped by a guy trying to force his religion on him. That is what I am referring to when I say I hate that shit. So, I am nothing like those people that you say I hate. i dont hate them. I am just annoyed by them. I am nothing like them because I am not going to stop you in a hallway and thump you with my Bible. I am going to respect whatever you worship and leave it at that. I do not have the answers and I don't claim to. I just know what I have felt and I try to get closer to God and be a better person. I don't judge my friends that don't believe as I do and I do not talk to them about religion. I hang out with good, honest, hard working people that may not have the same religious views as me, but does not matter because they still treat others the way they want to be treated.
    You said you hated religious people, I showed you how you were a religious person. If that word didn't define your thoughts correctly, you should have chosen a better word. I hate unprovoked bible thumping or the ridicule of religion, if you keep track of when I ridicule religion or other peoples thoughts it's always in reaction to something other people have said. I don't start the conversations, but I'm damn sure not going to run from them. Regarding the bolded part, so do I. They had absolutely no idea that I was an atheist until I told them because the topic of religion came up. You know what, they're cool with the way I see things, I'm cool with the way they see things, and we've got an unspoken agreement not to allow our differing thoughts on the topic to get in the way of our friendship.

Leave a comment:

• ceyko
    replied
    Find out...
    Ya know, I think God would just think you're a dumb ass if you did that.

I like to check in on these threads every so often just to see how they are going. They are all the same. I must applaud racrguy a little though, he is fairly consistent.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Woooow. Really? You're nuttier than squirrel turds.

Oh, and:
    1re·li·gious
    adj \ri-ˈli-jəs\
    Definition of RELIGIOUS
    : relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity <a religious person> <religious attitudes>
    : of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances <joined a religious order>
    a : scrupulously and conscientiously faithful

relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity; of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances; scrupulously and conscientiously faithful… See the full definition

Says you're religious. You say you aren't religious, I say you don't know what you're talking about. The difference is, I can prove it. It's no wonder that you don't understand the bible, you don't even know which words do and do not fit what you believe. You're just as religious as those people you hate. Yep, I'm here to test your faith, totally. An angel of light sent me to test you.
    Well, then I guess I am religious if that is the definition. And I don't hate them at all. I just can't stand to be around someone that is going to preach to me. Are you actually saying you understand the Bible? Seriously? You can explain with no problem every story in the Bible and what it means? And I'm nuts?

And honestly, you are testing people's faith every day. I am not saying that God sat you down and gave you this job and you are hiding wings and all that, but anytime you talk to a "religious" person and they start to question what they believe after talking to you.......well, what would you call it?

It's just like vadertt just mentioned. He was stopped by a guy trying to force his religion on him. That is what I am referring to when I say I hate that shit. So, I am nothing like those people that you say I hate. i dont hate them. I am just annoyed by them. I am nothing like them because I am not going to stop you in a hallway and thump you with my Bible. I am going to respect whatever you worship and leave it at that. I do not have the answers and I don't claim to. I just know what I have felt and I try to get closer to God and be a better person. I don't judge my friends that don't believe as I do and I do not talk to them about religion. I hang out with good, honest, hard working people that may not have the same religious views as me, but does not matter because they still treat others the way they want to be treated.

Leave a comment:

• VaderTT
    replied
    I was accosted by some dude in the gym locker room yesterday. He came up to me, blocked the walk way and said "sir.....sir, Have you decided to walk with our lord Jesus in this life and the next??????"

WTF is wrong with these bible thumping wackos?

Leave a comment:

• racrguy
    replied
    Bro, you take snippets from it. And to read the Bible is not to understand it. If you say you understand it, I say you are full of shit. It has been translated so many times, who knows what is the truth? And how am I a religious person? Do you see me telling anyone they are wrong? Do you see me telling Buddhists they are wrong? Do you see me preaching that you are all going to go to hell? Do you even see me telling you aliens don't exist? Nope......because the only thing I KNOW for certain is what I have felt. I know how I feel. But i am not about to sit on my high horse and tell you what I feel is right and what you feel is wrong. I gave a simple test to people wanting to find God. Really simple. Offer to burn your eye right out of your friggin skull because of your faith and then get back to me. Do this and see what happens, or don't. I don't care. i have found my peace. I hope others find it because it is an undescribable feeling. I don't jthink myself holier than thou. I just try and explain how I got to the place I am now. Couldn't give a shit if you get there or not. That is your road to walk, not mine. And who knows, maybe you ARE there. Maybe your job for God is to continually test other's faith. That's why I laugh about it. I can't argue, because you yourself may be here to test my faith and to make me question what I feel.
    Woooow. Really? You're nuttier than squirrel turds.

Oh, and:
    1re·li·gious
    adj \ri-ˈli-jəs\
    Definition of RELIGIOUS
    : relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity <a religious person> <religious attitudes>
    : of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances <joined a religious order>
    a : scrupulously and conscientiously faithful

relating to or manifesting faithful devotion to an acknowledged ultimate reality or deity; of, relating to, or devoted to religious beliefs or observances; scrupulously and conscientiously faithful… See the full definition

Says you're religious. You say you aren't religious, I say you don't know what you're talking about. The difference is, I can prove it. It's no wonder that you don't understand the bible, you don't even know which words do and do not fit what you believe. You're just as religious as those people you hate. Yep, I'm here to test your faith, totally. An angel of light sent me to test you.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    You can't stand religious people? You ARE a religious person. How does it feel to dislike yourself? The bible that you have read disagrees with more than one stance you've made in the two posts I quoted. If you don't know which ones, you haven't read the bible.
    Bro, you take snippets from it. And to read the Bible is not to understand it. If you say you understand it, I say you are full of shit. It has been translated so many times, who knows what is the truth? And how am I a religious person? Do you see me telling anyone they are wrong? Do you see me telling Buddhists they are wrong? Do you see me preaching that you are all going to go to hell? Do you even see me telling you aliens don't exist? Nope......because the only thing I KNOW for certain is what I have felt. I know how I feel. But i am not about to sit on my high horse and tell you what I feel is right and what you feel is wrong. I gave a simple test to people wanting to find God. Really simple. Offer to burn your eye right out of your friggin skull because of your faith and then get back to me. Do this and see what happens, or don't. I don't care. i have found my peace. I hope others find it because it is an undescribable feeling. I don't jthink myself holier than thou. I just try and explain how I got to the place I am now. Couldn't give a shit if you get there or not. That is your road to walk, not mine. And who knows, maybe you ARE there. Maybe your job for God is to continually test other's faith. That's why I laugh about it. I can't argue, because you yourself may be here to test my faith and to make me question what I feel.

Leave a comment:

• racrguy
    replied
    Well, if the word of the Bible is to be good to one another, is that a bad book? Seems like first grade reading to me. I read the Bible quite often and have one by my bed. I dont even begin to try and tell others I understand it. I just found God, and I guess this i what people that find God are suppossed to do. lol I don't understand the Bible. I mean, who the hell talks like that? It's hard as hell to understand. But, the only damned thing I know to do is to read the Bible. I read it.....like a fuckin monkey. I say to myself "well what in the hell does that mean?" Don't get me wrong, I cant stand religious people. People you cant cuss in front of. What the fuck is that stupid shit all about? Like God actually gives a shit. Friggin dumb. So much "holier than thou" crap/ That stuff can suck my scrotum. Thats not God. That is some dumbass that gets offended by words and puts it into their religion to be God's words. Well, I have yet to read anything in the good book about telling anyone to suck your balls and until I do.....suck my balls.
    You can't stand religious people? You ARE a religious person. How does it feel to dislike yourself? The bible that you have read disagrees with more than one stance you've made in the two posts I quoted. If you don't know which ones, you haven't read the bible.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    These two posts scream.
    Well, if the word of the Bible is to be good to one another, is that a bad book? Seems like first grade reading to me. I read the Bible quite often and have one by my bed. I dont even begin to try and tell others I understand it. I just found God, and I guess this i what people that find God are suppossed to do. lol I don't understand the Bible. I mean, who the hell talks like that? It's hard as hell to understand. But, the only damned thing I know to do is to read the Bible. I read it.....like a fuckin monkey. I say to myself "well what in the hell does that mean?" Don't get me wrong, I cant stand religious people. People you cant cuss in front of. What the fuck is that stupid shit all about? Like God actually gives a shit. Friggin dumb. So much "holier than thou" crap/ That stuff can suck my scrotum. Thats not God. That is some dumbass that gets offended by words and puts it into their religion to be God's words. Well, I have yet to read anything in the good book about telling anyone to suck your balls and until I do.....suck my balls.

Leave a comment:

• racrguy
    replied
    Guys, you won't get it until you get it. End of story. I don't try to persuade anyone into it or tell you that you are going to hell if you don't believe. I don't know how it works. One day you just wake up and you get hit by a friggin truck. I don't know if anyone is going to hell and i don't care. I try to offer a helping hand to those that need it and share what i have learned with those that need it. You can seek God all you want and you may find that this takes your further from him.

Now, to reply to Maddhattter, nobody knows which God to worship. For all we know, they may all be right. I just know that a true Christian will help you when you are down. Not preach to you about what you are doing wrong or what the right answer is. A man that knows God will help you and expect nothing in return. We don't have to quote the Bible or argue.......we just stop and help you when we can. That is what knowing God is about. Helping and showing your fellow human being some love, compassion, and understanding.
    Exactly. The reason most want to spread the word of God is to share with others the feeling. There are so many people out there that "spread the word of God" but honestly know nothing about it. They were brought up to believe and fear if they do not, then they are doing wrong. The last thing I want to do is ever push someone away from God, so i do not pretend to know more than what I know. End of story.

It's simple, be good to each other.
    These two posts scream.

Leave a comment:

• racrguy
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
    Not at all man. All is well.

For the most part, yes you are right. But see, God "requires" faith. And when you put your faith into action, God fullfills. Kind of like a light switch if you will. The switch representing faith. Flick the switch and God is on sort of speak.
    And therein lies the problem. Something is automatically wrong when it requires the use of faith. My next sentence is going to sound really dickish, but I've no clue how to word it any other way. Faith is belief without evidence. And when something requires (which is the case here) belief before you can believe, it doesn't have a hill of beans chance of standing up to scrutiny.

The analogy of parents making Santa real is off too. No parent can make God real. They can cause you to believe, but Santa never enters your soul.
    When I was a child I was far more worried about what Santa thought of me than what god thought of me, solely because obeying santa had tangible benefits/drawbacks, and god did not.

Faith is that key into which Christ enters. You will know when that time comes, if you ever let that time come. Its no longer just faith and belief. Its reality and a relationship with God.
    1) I will never allow faith to guide any form of belief, ever. 2) It is still faith and belief. You and I have a discussion, that is reality, and that is a relationship. A monologue to a person that you can never meet while you're alive and with whom you have never had a conversation with is not a relationship, nor is it reality, all the evidence indicates it's you talking to yourself
    Man, I swear. If I could put it in your hand, I'd do it for ya.
    That's all I've ever asked for.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    . Faith is that key into which Christ enters. You will know when that time comes, if you ever let that time come. Its no longer just faith and belief. Its reality and a relationship with God.

Exactly. The reason most want to spread the word of God is to share with others the feeling. There are so many people out there that "spread the word of God" but honestly know nothing about it. They were brought up to believe and fear if they do not, then they are doing wrong. The last thing I want to do is ever push someone away from God, so i do not pretend to know more than what I know. End of story.

It's simple, be good to each other.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Guys, you won't get it until you get it. End of story. I don't try to persuade anyone into it or tell you that you are going to hell if you don't believe. I don't know how it works. One day you just wake up and you get hit by a friggin truck. I don't know if anyone is going to hell and i don't care. I try to offer a helping hand to those that need it and share what i have learned with those that need it. You can seek God all you want and you may find that this takes your further from him.

Now, to reply to Maddhattter, nobody knows which God to worship. For all we know, they may all be right. I just know that a true Christian will help you when you are down. Not preach to you about what you are doing wrong or what the right answer is. A man that knows God will help you and expect nothing in return. We don't have to quote the Bible or argue.......we just stop and help you when we can. That is what knowing God is about. Helping and showing your fellow human being some love, compassion, and understanding.

Leave a comment:

• BlackSnake
    replied
    I much prefer eating newborn babies, they're more tender.

I'm pretty sure I speak for both of us when I say faith is utterly useless and solves nothing. But you don't have to be smart to not rely on faith. I'd venture a guess as to say that you only use faith in your belief in god, everywhere else in your life you apply some degree of skepticism and require even a small amount of evidence that justifies your actions regarding those things.

I'm not near as good at explaining myself as he is, so don't take this post as me attacking you, because that's not the intention.
    Not at all man. All is well.

For the most part, yes you are right. But see, God "requires" faith. And when you put your faith into action, God fullfills. Kind of like a light switch if you will. The switch representing faith. Flick the switch and God is on sort of speak.

The analogy of parents making Santa real is off too. No parent can make God real. They can cause you to believe, but Santa never enters your soul. Faith is that key into which Christ enters. You will know when that time comes, if you ever let that time come. Its no longer just faith and belief. Its reality and a relationship with God.

Leave a comment:

• racrguy
    replied
    Originally posted by StanleyJustinTaliwhacker95 View Post
    No, not at all. Hinduism is actually the way to go. Wait... for someone like you, probably that african tribal religion where they eat their dead. That one is more along your thought process.
    I much prefer eating newborn babies, they're more tender.

Touch'e. I can appreciate your well educated posts. I wish I could articulate my thoughts the way you can. Prolly too smart to rely on faith.

Edit: Hope you took no offence to that statement. I wasnt trying to be a smart ass.
    I'm pretty sure I speak for both of us when I say faith is utterly useless and solves nothing. But you don't have to be smart to not rely on faith. I'd venture a guess as to say that you only use faith in your belief in god, everywhere else in your life you apply some degree of skepticism and require even a small amount of evidence that justifies your actions regarding those things.

I'm not near as good at explaining myself as he is, so don't take this post as me attacking you, because that's not the intention.
    Last edited by racrguy; 03-01-2012, 07:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X