X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mongoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    You're going to hell. Or Detroit to listen to Obama speak about income inequality for 12 hours. Your choice.
    Ive been to Detroit... It wasnt all that bad

Hell other the otherhand is having a nice sunny sunday after some rather sh*tty weather wanting to mow grass, wax the mustang, BBQ, enjoy a day off, etc. Only to have 3 different people from 3 different churches come and interrupt me to tell me what level of Hell I`m going to for not attending their church.

You might enjoy that though, so YMMV.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    If what you are saying is true, then why is church attendance way down? One would think that if it is true, that there wouldnt be enough churches to hold everyone, not what you have now where a few megachurches are thriving, and many smaller ones are having to consolidate or close due to declining attentance.
    I haven't noticed attendance down. Either way, it's up to the person to believe, no matter what the deal is. Does a low attendance mean it's not true?

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    He made several covenants with us. The first ones being that we more or less earned our salvation by our obedience and/or works. Those had to come first to show that we are not capable of determining our place with Him since we all fall short of the glory of God. Jesus is the last covenant. Through Him and His actions alone can we be found worthy to enter the Kingdom of God. He is the only way. Nothing we can do can justify our righteousness. It would be silly to think otherwise.

The Old Testament shows us our progression With our relationship with Him and that no matter what "deal" we try to make, as long as we are a part of determining our eternal existence, we are doomed for failure.

Jesus not only came to save us, but He also came to show us how to live.
    If what you are saying is true, then why is church attendance way down? One would think that if it is true, that there wouldnt be enough churches to hold everyone, not what you have now where a few megachurches are thriving, and many smaller ones are having to consolidate or close due to declining attentance.

Leave a comment:

• racrguy
    replied
    Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    ^^^^^^^
    Agreed.

I do not see anyone in here who states they believe in God trying to debunk, but rather state they believe in God through faith. It is your buddies attempting to do so while you ride along on their coattails. Perhaps you have finally learned after the several times you've been called out on your claims and you suddenly go on quiet time.
    Best I recall, every time I've been asked for evidence on a claim I've made, I've provided it.

Leave a comment:

• SS Junk
    replied
    ^^^^^^^
    Agreed.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    I'm not an authoritative source, I can't debunk anything, and unless any of you other geniuses are astrophysicists, yall can't prove/disprove shit either. That's why I typically defer to those who ARE authoritative sources.
    I do not see anyone in here who states they believe in God trying to debunk, but rather state they believe in God through faith. It is your buddies attempting to do so while you ride along on their coattails. Perhaps you have finally learned after the several times you've been called out on your claims and you suddenly go on quiet time.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    He would if it meant the people would abandon all of the rules set forth by God.

Who cares if people love you if they wont obey you?

He goes from genocide and mass murder to turn the other cheek?
    He made several covenants with us. The first ones being that we more or less earned our salvation by our obedience and/or works. Those had to come first to show that we are not capable of determining our place with Him since we all fall short of the glory of God. Jesus is the last covenant. Through Him and His actions alone can we be found worthy to enter the Kingdom of God. He is the only way. Nothing we can do can justify our righteousness. It would be silly to think otherwise.

The Old Testament shows us our progression With our relationship with Him and that no matter what "deal" we try to make, as long as we are a part of determining our eternal existence, we are doomed for failure.

Jesus not only came to save us, but He also came to show us how to live.

Leave a comment:

• Gasser64
    replied
    He would if it meant the people would abandon all of the rules set forth by God.

Well, technically speaking, if you believe in that sort of thing, it wouldn't be genocide or mass murder. Not coming from him. If you believe in it, it would just be him moving some people around. From one existence to another.

Leave a comment:

• Craizie
    replied
    Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Satan would have never had the same message Jesus did... Love God, love yourself and love others.

Don't get me wrong. Satan is coming and he's going to be trying to pull the Messiah role on us.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    You've all fucked up if you believe in Christianity, anyways. The old testaments were very clear that you were not to worship other Gods. That our God was a jealous and vengeful God. All Satan had to do was to preform a few tricks ( healing the blind - walking on water... ) and the masses followed.
    Satan would have never had the same message Jesus did... Love God, love yourself and love others.

Don't get me wrong. Satan is coming and he's going to be trying to pull the Messiah role on us.

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied
    If you tell me I'm going to hell it's viewed the same as telling me I'm not going to get presents from Santa, and I'm going to laugh at you.
    That's fine, we laugh at you every time you copy/paste from Google ad nauseum in lieu of actually being knowledgeable about a subject.

Leave a comment:

• Craizie
    replied
    You've all fucked up if you believe in Christianity, anyways. The old testaments were very clear that you were not to worship other Gods. That our God was a jealous and vengeful God. All Satan had to do was to preform a few tricks ( healing the blind - walking on water... ) and the masses followed.

Leave a comment:

• Forever_frost
    replied
    If you tell me I'm going to hell it's viewed the same as telling me I'm not going to get presents from Santa, and I'm going to laugh at you.
    You're going to hell. Or Detroit to listen to Obama speak about income inequality for 12 hours. Your choice.

Leave a comment:

• racrguy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied
    Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    I'm thinking its because they've had a bad experience at some point. Some idiot probably offended them by telling them they're going to hell or something. If they'd never had a run in with these people, it seems unlikely that they'd take it so personal.
    Although the subject of "going to hell" is nothing to make light of, hitting someone over the head initially with threats is not usually very effective.

Leave a comment:

• Gasser64
    replied
    Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
    my father in law works at NASA in charge of a bunch of engineers, he believes in god, what a tard huh guys, amiright!

lol yall crack me up.. if you dont want to believe, dont, its pretty simple, no need to bash on everyone who does. I havent seen anyone here trying to convert you to the dark side or anything, why take it so personal?
    I'm thinking its because they've had a bad experience at some point. Some idiot probably offended them by telling them they're going to hell or something. If they'd never had a run in with these people, it seems unlikely that they'd take it so personal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X