X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YALE
    replied
    Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. My view requires faith, yours requires proof. So, I offer my faith, you offer your proof. You are saying I'm wrong but lack anything from science to back up your supposition. I offer you faith. Now, for me to accept what you have to offer, you would have to have answers to hard questions, do you have those answers?
    I don't have to go to science to get proof. I'm not making a claim. I'm saying I don't believe yours. I haven't claimed to have any answers. I have stated that no evidence has been presented by you to back up your claim. Keep trying.

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyS
    replied
    There is a huge scientific problem with the Big Bang theory. Entropy which is real disproves the theory. Shit can't just blow up. A blasting cap shoved in a pile of plastic explosive won't just blow up on its own.

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied
    Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
    No, they don't.

The big bang theory doesn't posit where the singularity came from, nor is that under it's purview. You don't have to accept anything "came out of nowhere" to accept the big bang theory.
    Yes, they do.

To accept the big bang theory one must accept a sigularity as its origin. Accept it blindly, one might say, and accept that its existence preceded time, space, and matter.

Leave a comment:

• Forever_frost
    replied
    Originally posted by The King View Post
    Well, there's always the Big Bang Theory, the best that mankinds science can currently trot out. One only needs to first accept the notion that something (the mysterious singularity) appeared out of nowhere and began the expansion of the universe out of nothing.
    Oh no, now they're saying there never was a big bang, things have always been here. Kind of like what we say about God but you know...it sounds better when science claims it.

Leave a comment:

• Forever_frost
    replied
    Originally posted by YALE View Post
    I don't say science has disproved the existence of God. I say that your claim that a diety exists in the first place requires evidence. Try again.
    Actually, you're wrong. My view requires faith, yours requires proof. So, I offer my faith, you offer your proof. You are saying I'm wrong but lack anything from science to back up your supposition. I offer you faith. Now, for me to accept what you have to offer, you would have to have answers to hard questions, do you have those answers?

Leave a comment:

• Maddhattter
    replied
    Originally posted by The King View Post
    Well, there's always the Big Bang Theory, the best that mankinds science can currently trot out. One only needs to first accept the notion that something (the mysterious singularity) appeared out of nowhere and began the expansion of the universe out of nothing.
    No, they don't.

The big bang theory doesn't posit where the singularity came from, nor is that under it's purview. You don't have to accept anything "came out of nowhere" to accept the big bang theory.

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied
    Ah, so any answer is better than no answer? If God made the universe, who made God?

Leave a comment:

• Gasser64
    replied
    I'd say my biggest beef is with the active and ardent science denial that is a major force in modern American politics.
    In what way? Please expand upon that. I'll take a guess, but please fill in anything I leave out. 1. They don't like gays. I'm not gay, and gays make up a tiny 3% of the U.S population. So I don't give a rip if they get to be all happy and skip down the sidewalk holding hands. Let them have it, or ban it, don't care. 2. They're pretty against abortions. But it doesn't even matter, because no one here can say that they've been very effective at getting it banned. Abortion clinics are abundant; abortions aren't going anywhere. What else. I know there are more but they're so damn insignificant that they slip my mind right now.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Uhhh, all of the ones that believe god created the world as told in genesis, for starters.
    I prefer the big bang theory, but as I understand it, I really don't have a problem with a God/s setting off the BB, or the stripped down version that is Genesis. From an extreme high technology/spiritual perspective, I really don't see either theory as impossible. But that's the difference between me, and closed minded bigots like yourself.

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
    Get the fundamental difference or not?
    Several people here have laid that out to them already, so they don't seem to be capable of getting it. More likely though, they simply don't want to, due to having a chip on their shoulder against religion. For some weird reason.

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    Why would we atheists want to go to a Muslim Country? Just because Christians no longer kill people that dont agree with them doesnt make them better than the Muslims that still need a century ( or two ) to evolve to that level.
    Atheists wouldn't want to go to a muslim country, because their heads would be sawed off. Go see if they'll saw your head off down at your local church. So you're saying that one group that condemns slaughtering people who disagree with them "doesn't make them better" than another group that actively encourages it. Anthony was right, you guys are fucking morons. By that standard, our government isn't any better than the government of germany in the 1930s-1940s. I really can't believe you people are this stupid. I just refuse to accept it.

Leave a comment:

• jasone
    replied
    It's actually not very good because the atheists fail to understand where they fit in the world re: Islam. Christianity gives you a choice. Believe or not.... simple enough. Islam gives you a choice too: convert, enslavement or death. Well fuck Islam.

Don't believe me? Take your ill informed atheist stupid ass to an ISIS recruiting party and tell them fuck Allah and see how it goes for you. You can walk into any church and say F Jesus or F God and while its in poor taste, you'll get to live.

And if you want to be a real bad ass world conquering atheist do these:

1) Make a youtube video of you burning a Bible and an American Flag and cursing Jesus. Wait for the responses... both positive and negative.

2) Make a youtube video of you burning the Quran, the ISIS flag and cursing Mohammad. Been nice knowing you.

Get the fundamental difference or not? By the way ISIS reportedly has a camp in Mexico now so they can get their Allah loving terrorist idiots into our country easily.

I don't believe most atheists want to conquer the world. And if you burn books, you're just an asshole.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    It's actually not very good because the atheists fail to understand where they fit in the world re: Islam. Christianity gives you a choice. Believe or not.... simple enough. Islam gives you a choice too: convert, enslavement or death. Well fuck Islam.

1) Make a youtube video of you burning a Bible and an American Flag and cursing Jesus. Wait for the responses... both positive and negative.

2) Make a youtube video of you burning the Quran, the ISIS flag and cursing Mohammad. Been nice knowing you.
    I deleted out the more hateful parts because Jesus did say to love your enemies, and offer the other cheek, etc.

As an Athiest I REFUSE to do either. Those are things that Christians and Muslims do to objects from the other religion to somehow prove to THEMSELVES that they worship the one true God and the other follows a false GOD.

That`s your game man, not mine!

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Why would we atheists want to go to a Muslim Country? Just because Christians no longer kill people that dont agree with them doesnt make them better than the Muslims that still need a century ( or two ) to evolve to that level.

Both are bloody war starting happy religions, its just taken the Muslims a little longer to catch up since Christianity had about a 600 year head start and had free range on the wholesale slaugher of the Indian Tribes in the Americas.

Leave a comment:

• Craizie
    replied
    So you're too much of a sackless bitch to take me up on the challenge? Thanks for proving the point.

Either post the videos or continue eating dick. I don't care either way, but everyone else reading this can see the dick hanging out of your mouth.
    I think you've done well enough to embody the modern Christian.

**Edit**

Just let me know if you'd like to meet up and discuss this in person over a beverage of your choice.

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyS
    replied
    Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Yep, you went full retard.
    So you're too much of a sackless bitch to take me up on the challenge? Thanks for proving the point.

Either post the videos or continue eating dick. I don't care either way, but everyone else reading this can see the dick hanging out of your mouth.

Leave a comment:

• Craizie
    replied
    Okay prove I'm wrong and go post the two videos I suggested. You're full retard if you think I'm wrong.
    Yep, you went full retard.

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyS
    replied
    Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    Did you just go full retard? I think you just went full retard.
    Okay prove I'm wrong and go post the two videos I suggested. You're full retard if you think I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X