Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any electricians and/or pool people? (Pictures Inside)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any electricians and/or pool people? (Pictures Inside)

Here is the situation, I bought the home last May, it has a pool. The pool has a pressure side pool cleaner (Polaris 280). It has a basic dual timer box. Both the pumps run 240v. It is now getting cold enough that I am interested in freeze protection (leave it to me to wait till the last minute).

When I look into the box I notice that there is some sort of temperature controller in the box, and it has a sensor that comes out of the box, on this controller there is a dial and temperatures ranging between 50* and 20*F. Perfect, right? Nope, it is not hooked up for some reason (so I am not real sure if it works or not). Anyways, I'd like to wire it back in and see what the deal is, but I do not understand how it would be wired.

Coming into the box I have 2 wires (presumably 2x110 volt), they go to the two LEAD sides of the timers (the booster is jumpered from the main). Then there are two LOAD wires that feed the coorisponding pump (main goes to the main pump, booster to the booster pump). Pretty basic, only thing complicating things in the actual picture (I left it out of my illustration) is the salt water control box that just gets its power from the switched side of the main pump timer (since it is only to run when the main pump is running), you can see it is the white wire that exits through the bottom of the box.

The controller has 3 wires that come out of it, one is the temperature sensor wire that exits the box, and the other two are one black wire and one blue wire.

Here is my question, since there are only two wires that come out of this controller I have no idea how it would be able to hotwire both sides of the timer box, seems like you could only give one side hot to the controller and the other side would be the switched side. Hopefully I am missing something here.

Here are the pictures:

Actual:

Illustration of the Timer Box:

Illustration of the Freeze Controller (that resides in the timer box):
    Last edited by dville_gt; 01-04-2011, 08:33 AM.
Working...
X