Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever watch Damages on FX/DirecTv, or Netflix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever watch Damages on FX/DirecTv, or Netflix?

I've been binge watching Damages on Netflix. Never saw, or heard of it when FX had it, or after DirecTv got it, but I'll give it a 7 outa 10. It can get aggravating watching how everything just goes Patty's way, but it has some decent twists and turns throughout it. I am half way thru Season 5 now, so almost finished with this series. Good show to kill an hour with if you want.

Here's the Wiki writeup on it.

Damages is an American legal thriller television series created by the writing and production trio of Daniel Zelman and brothers Glenn and Todd A. Kessler (collectively known as KZK). It premiered on July 24, 2007 on FX and aired for three seasons before moving to the DirecTV channel Audience Network in 2010, where it aired for a further two seasons, concluding with season 5.[1][2]

The plot revolves around the brilliant, ruthless lawyer Patty Hewes (Glenn Close) and her newest protégée, recent law school graduate Ellen Parsons (Rose Byrne). Each season features a major case that Hewes and her firm take on, while also examining a chapter of the complicated relationship between Ellen and Patty. The first two seasons center on the law firm Hewes & Associates (located in New York City). Later seasons center more on Patty and Ellen's relationship as Ellen attempts to distance herself from Hewes & Associates professionally and personally.

Known for its depiction of season-long cases from the point of view of both the law firm and the target, the series is noted for its plot twists, nonlinear narrative, technical merit, and Emmy Award winning performances of its cast. The series has received widespread critical acclaim and several television award nominations, with Close and first-season co-star Željko Ivanek (who portrays attorney Ray Fiske) winning a Primetime Emmy Award for their performances; several of the other performers have been nominated as well. The series has attracted various stars to play characters opposing Hewes' law firm, including Ted Danson, William Hurt, Marcia Gay Harden, Martin Short, Lily Tomlin, John Goodman, Dylan Baker, Ryan Phillippe, and John Hannah.
Working...
X