X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose242
    replied
    Originally posted by CJ View Post
    It's a HK416 upper, with a full auto HK bolt. You can't get 416 uppers in the states, sought after mostly by people with M16's. Just pin them on and you have a full auto HK 416. Pretty much all 416 uppers are illegal, so you can't get them, driving the prices really high. So basically - extremely reliable proprietary piston driven upper for an M16. Arguably the highest quality upper money can buy, and everyone wants it.
    This.

There are a few people up North going to the big house for a very long time due to a scam involving the illegal sale of HK416 uppers and parts.

Leave a comment:

• IHaveAMustang
    replied
    Yeesh, $10K is just what I about paid for my Travel Trailer. I choose camping!

Leave a comment:

• CJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Big A View Post
    I was going to ask, as a non-HK nut swinger, what makes this gun worth $10k? Is there something that makes it easier to go full-auto or something of that nature, or are they banking solely on the limited importation of a semi-auto rifle that is no different than any other semi-auto AR, other than the pretty little letters on the side?
    It's a HK416 upper, with a full auto HK bolt. You can't get 416 uppers in the states, sought after mostly by people with M16's. Just pin them on and you have a full auto HK 416. Pretty much all 416 uppers are illegal, so you can't get them, driving the prices really high. So basically - extremely reliable proprietary piston driven upper for an M16. Arguably the highest quality upper money can buy, and everyone wants it.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    What a Deal!

I was going to ask, as a non-HK nut swinger, what makes this gun worth $10k? Is there something that makes it easier to go full-auto or something of that nature, or are they banking solely on the limited importation of a semi-auto rifle that is no different than any other semi-auto AR, other than the pretty little letters on the side?

Absolutely nothing other than "collectibility".

Leave a comment:

• bird_dog0347
    replied
    Agreed. I guess I really don't get it, what makes HK so awesome?

DOHCTR: Feel free to educate me as I'm sure you're the resident defacto HK-Guru. I'd even be willing to go shoot some with you so as to convince me that they are superior to anything else that makes a cartridge go bang in a barrel and still ends up on target.

Which reminds me... let's do another effing get together at a range and shoot some shit.

Leave a comment:

• Big A
    replied
    Originally posted by David View Post
    A complete gun that in the end is just another semi auto SBR ar15.

Leave a comment:

• CJ
    replied
    Id give 3500

Leave a comment:

• matts5.0
    replied
    Yeah.. Fuck that!

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
    10,000 a piece.. Man i just dont like guns that damn much

Edit, so its basically a complete gun for that price, just send out the paperwork and put it together?

Leave a comment:

• matts5.0
    replied
    10,000 a piece.. Man i just dont like guns that damn much

Edit, so its basically a complete gun for that price, just send out the paperwork and put it together?

Leave a comment:

• Roscoe
    replied
    I figured you'd want more than that.
    Yes but let's be realistic....

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
    I bought two!

I figured you'd want more than that.

Leave a comment:

• Roscoe
    replied
    I bought two!

Leave a comment:

• Moose242
    replied
    Won't hurt my feelings.

Leave a comment:

• David
    replied
    Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Zero David, the answer is zero.

My guess is these are in the same gray market as 416 upper receivers. These should be, by United States law, 100% illegal.
    So I shouldnt buy this?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X