Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lincolnboy
    replied
    We will be staying at the Westin off Beale. Tanks for the BBQ places. I still have not been to a top 5 BBQ around DFW. Im just ready to hear some Blues and relax hopefully. Gonna hit up mudd island and pro bass. Not sure if i care to see Graceland. 2 hour tour. OMG

Leave a comment:

• scootro
    replied
    Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
    ^^^^ That is Memphis for you. My dad was in the 210 precinct with the MPD before he gave up working in LE and I grew up hearing about and seeing all the BS that Memphis had to offer.
    memphis is a scary town! i don't recommend running around there at night! stay downtown at night

Leave a comment:

• svauto-erotic855
    replied
    ^^^^ That is Memphis for you. My dad was in the 210 precinct with the MPD before he gave up working in LE and I grew up hearing about and seeing all the BS that Memphis had to offer.

Leave a comment:

• 93LXHORSE
    replied
    Wait.... which one was the crackhead?

Leave a comment:

• SS Junk
    replied
    Get yourself this special lady while you're down there?

Leave a comment:

• 93LXHORSE
    replied
    Blue City Cafe for good wet sauce BBQ also. It's on Beale Street across from BB Kings if I remember right.

And Charlie Vera's Rendezvous for sure. I don't think they're open on Mondays...

Leave a comment:

• svauto-erotic855
    replied
    Go by Knight Road Elementary School and throw a few bricks through some windows for me.

Leave a comment:

• Tx Redneck
    replied
    See the main FedEx Express hub.

Leave a comment:

• scootro
    replied
    Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
    Central > Corky's > Rendezvous Although I usually hit all 3 when I'm there for a few days. I haven't had Leonard's or Interstate, but I will find them next time.
    B+ Rendezvous ribs
    B- corky's bbq
    A- Interstate Bar-B-Q
    A+ Leonard's Pit Barbecue
    A++ Central BBQ

Originally posted by The King View Post
    Some opportunities to gamble (table games) are better than none.
    Yes table games only because the slots are tighter then a drum there and the free booze!

Leave a comment:

• juiceweezl
    replied
    Originally posted by scootro View Post
    go to Rendezvous ribs across from the Peabody hotel and you can go see the ducks at the hotel

corky's bbq
    Interstate Bar-B-Q
    Leonard's Pit Barbecue
    Central BBQ

lastly go to the new bass pro shop! the building is crazy
    Central > Corky's > Rendezvous Although I usually hit all 3 when I'm there for a few days. I haven't had Leonard's or Interstate, but I will find them next time.

Leave a comment:

• The King
    replied
    Some opportunities to gamble (table games) are better than none.

Leave a comment:

• scootro
    replied
    Originally posted by The King View Post
    Graceland, Beale Street, Tunica
    Tunica is an hour away and it's a shitty version of las vegas. They call it the las vegas of the south! hahaha

Leave a comment:

• Scott Mc
    replied
    Memphis reminded me of Arlington, specifically Division Street area. Oh and on the highway in be careful of the blinding lights and weird zigzag zag construction.

Leave a comment:

• 90MarkVII
    replied
    Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
    Got a trip up to Memphis in three weeks. First time going and looking for some sight seeing. So far my list is some que & blues and Beale St.
    Beale St is loads of fun.
    My favorite club is Rum Boogie. The always have a great band, and inside it is 2 story. Pretty cool sitting upstairs when the place is rocking.

I do advise grabbing a drink (or two, or three) and simply making a full circuit, sticking your head in the various clubs to get a feel for the bands before landing some place for the night.

Leave a comment:

• Probie
    replied
    Actually pretty cool timing, I wanna do a road trip when I'm back in Dec and Memphis is an option

Leave a comment:

Working...
X