• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Hood County ?

sigpic
    "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
    through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
    We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
    my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

pays to keep track of your property. i know what is roaming on mine. still a good idea to pack when wondering the woods. i worry about hogs more than mountain lions. most likely a female with a cub nearby .

Comment

Rowlett

sigpic
      "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
      through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
      We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
      my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

I have land between Granbury and Glen Rose. There's not a shortage of mountain lions out there but when I tell people about them no one believes me.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

No.

Comment

We definitely have mountain lions out in Kaufman County. Bout 15 years ago, we had something go through 50 chickens in a week, it left a paw print that was bigger than my 130lbs rottweiler. Went outside one night, and a large cat let out a bone chilling scream, took off down my driveway and went over my gate with the force of a person trying to jump over it. Neighbors newborn calf got killed, and he was out there shooting one night. Pretty sure he put a cap in it, then did the shoot, shovel, and shut up.

Then about a year ago, someone caught a mountain lion on a game camera, about 4 miles from my house. Definitely careful when I go outside at night.

Comment

Crazy. I’ve got a buddy that has 50 acres in Lipan, he was just telling me a story about seeing a mountain lion.

I grew up in rural Kaufman county. I’ve heard plenty of stories about them but never anything confirmed. I live in Ellis county now not too far from the trinity river. There’s been some folks near me find tracks that look like a mountain lion not that long ago. I’d love to catch one on my game cam.

Comment

word out here is no sign of a mountain lion at the site . neither fish and game or the tracker are finding any signs .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                  word out here is no sign of a mountain lion at the site . neither fish and game or the tracker are finding any signs .
                  There are lots feral dogs out here not to mention the meth head owned pit bulls.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                  X