Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tex275 93 Mustang Build (Lot's of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jason07
    replied
    Originally posted by ldecharmoy View Post
    how you liking it, that's the same one i plan on getting.
    what??????

Leave a comment:

• jason07
    replied
    Originally posted by 1fastvipper View Post
    Looks slow
    I know it is man. I told myself I would not spend a dime over $6,000 on this build. I'm at $4897.34 right now. Im just going to paint the car with rattle can.

Leave a comment:

• Ldecharmoy
    replied
    How you liking it, that's the same one I plan on getting.

Leave a comment:

• 1fastvipper
    replied
    Looks slow

Leave a comment:

• jason07
    replied

Finally, I bought a trailer. This has been so much help during these last few weeks.
    It's an 18' Big Tex.

Leave a comment:

• jason07
    replied
    Update!

I know it's been a while since I did an update. Up until recently the work has been a slow go. This car has a lot of different folks doing work on the car, so it's been on their schedule (turbo kit, fabrication, paint and body)

We took the car over to my buddy Brooks' house (turbostang) so he could redo part of the hot side and make a cold side. The car was originally an air to water (intercooler was very very small) car but we decided to make it air to air for a bit of ease and it's a bit less expensive. The turbo kit is a Pony down kit which is nice, but the turbo was mounted almost behind the passenger headlight which wasn't ideal. Brooks did his own massaging on the kit and the pics are below. I don't have pics of the finished product...I forgot to snap pics before pullling everything apart.

Before paint I decided I needed to cut out the god awful downpipe notch in the firewall/passenger floorboard. While we were at it, I had Rod at Precision Racecraft mount the custom radiator and build a lower core support. The way that the previous owner smoothed over the upper core support, it left no mounting areas for the normal radiator mounts...hence the custom mount.

The downpipe notch cutout.

The downpipe notch filled in, welded, and smoothed

Now it is at a buddy's house getting the engine bay and body of the car prepped for paint. The body itself was pretty straight but it still had a few dings in it here and there. The engine bay and door jambs should be painted tomorrow and the rest of the car next weekend. Then it will be just the simple fact of putting everything back together, and wire this thing. (if only it was that easy!!)

Leave a comment:

• jason07
    replied
    Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
    The car looks great Jason. Those wheels look killer on that thing!! I'm glad you're back into mustangs. That whole $4,000 mountain bike and RC car shit you were into before was fucking gay.
    Clearly I am still into the mountain bike thing as you can see from my very athletic build.

However, I did sell the RC car last week so.......

Leave a comment:

• onjacks
    replied
    Originally posted by jason07 View Post
    I'm a big fan of doing it right the first time!
    Couldn't agree more.

Leave a comment:

• onjacks
    replied
    Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
    The car looks great Jason. Those wheels look killer on that thing!! I'm glad you're back into mustangs. That whole $4,000 mountain bike and RC car shit you were into before was fucking gay.

lol. lets not forget the, ahumm, truck bike rack.

Leave a comment:

• BoostedGT
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d1tko
    replied
    looks good

Leave a comment:

• jason07
    replied
    Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
    Clean windows don't make the car faster.
    I'm a big fan of doing it right the first time!

Leave a comment:

• bigshoe
    replied
    The windows were out of the car when I bought it sir. Why not clean them up?
    Clean windows don't make the car faster.

Leave a comment:

• 90GT50
    replied
    Sorry it's not a Neon Jeremy.
    I'm not neon, use a comma!

And you shouldn't clean them up because it won't make you any faster.

Leave a comment:

• jason07
    replied
    Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
    What the fuck 1/4 windows? Put the fucking motor in and go racing, don't be a titty baby about the windows.
    The windows were out of the car when I bought it sir. Why not clean them up?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X