No announcement yet.

Hiking boots that aren't baller status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiking boots that aren't baller status?

I have a budget of about $150 to spend on some hiking boots. Looking for something with a steel shank.

I hiked Guadalupe Peak in the wrong boots once, no shank, very soft. Tore my feet up. Never again.

Northern Tool looks to have some possibilities. Everything I tried at Bass Pro were too soft and flexible. The Redtail's from Cabela's I had to get 2 sizes bigger and were still too tight at my toes. Everything at REI was too out of my budget.

i wore Bass hiking boots while i liver in the mountains. tough as hell and water proof . but that was almost 50 years ago .

Comment

I recommend Merrell’s. Comfortable and durable. Got mine from Midway USA. I think I paid $90 bucks after they got discounted. They normally are $150ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        I recommend Merrell’s. Comfortable and durable. Got mine from Midway USA. I think I paid $90 bucks after they got discounted. They normally are $150ish.
        This. All my shoes and boots are Merrell for leisure and work. I even have kiddo wearing and loving their shoes. They have good sales on their website too.

Comment

Another +1 for Merrells.. Held up great on a 7 mile rocky hike I took with a 50lb pack, and lots of ranch type work.. A vet buddy commented a lot of soldiers wear them in the field.
          WRX

Comment

another vote for merrells, i had a cold weather pair when we lived up in oregon and after 3-4 years one of the J hooks that the laces pass thru broke - they sent me a new pair no questions asked. i have a warmer weather pair for late summer/fall hunting and they're going on 5 years of abuse with only superficial wear. my only complaint is on that pair, the lugs fill up with mud and i get my ass chewed for tracking it in the house.

Comment

What stores carry Merrells?

Comment

I love my Salomon quest 4gtx boots. Not sure if they have steel or not, but super supportive and really comfy. I've done Guadalupe peak and four 14ers with them without issues.
                Justin

Comment

I like Keen but I wear hiking shoes/lows rather than boots and have no idea on shank.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                    What stores carry Merrells?
                    Academy has some, bass pro, scheels probably.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Academy has some, bass pro, scheels probably.
                      Did he ask you to guess?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Did he ask you to guess?
                        Ha!
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                          Did he ask you to guess?
                          The first two have them for sure, third is just a bonus possibility. Maybe.

Comment

MidwayUSA.com

Comment

Last pair of Merrells I wanted couldn't do it because reviews all said quality has gone way down and not just them everyone in and around that price range. Might need to level up for some Lowa Boots

Comment

Working...
                              X