Dr. Anthony Fauci to retire by end of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    No, it's just that as usual, you failed to think through your post before you posted it. So tell me, how exactly are these laws "used against us"

The right to bear arms

Right to vote

Peaceful protest

Blah blah on and on
    Did you miss this part?

Originally posted by Strychnine
    Outside of the Bill of Rights, which are "inalienable"

This (below) is exactly right

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
    Those are actually RIGHTS not laws, rights which prohibit the government from making laws they could use against us on those topics.
    Sorry you're missing the nuance here.

I'd wager that like most here, you're just too weak to take the steps necessary to actually ensure your own freedom. You'd really rather go to the gulag, than make any hard decisions that might hurt your wittle feewings. Like if some evil little rights stealing POS caught a bullet, but the story looked kinda sad. ,
    Not trying to make the "appeal to authority" logical fallacy here, but... I do understand how this stuff works - I do a lot of work with public affairs / legal / comms people and last month I testified in front of a US Senate committee in DC on behalf of a $39B company.

Believe it or not, there's a chance that whatever thoughts you have on how things work, and how people on this site are just not as smart as you because you've somehow out-brained everyone else, might be wrong.

End of the day, most of us are doing our best to make the world a better place. What have you done other than talk shit?
    Last edited by Strychnine; 08-28-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      Did you miss this part?

Sorry you're missing the nuance here.

Not trying to make the "appeal to authority" logical fallacy here, but... I do understand how this stuff works - I do a lot of work with public affairs / legal / comms people and last month I testified in front of a US Senate committee in DC on behalf of a $39B company.

Believe it or not, there's a chance that whatever thoughts you have on how things work, and how people on this site are just not as smart as you because you've somehow out-brained everyone else, might be wrong.

End of the day, most of us are doing our best to make the world a better place. What have you done other than talk shit?
      He's never going to understand... he's working off of emotion and not logic.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

He's never going to understand... he's working off of emotion and not logic.
        Come at me directly, bro. Stop being a pussy and using other people's posts to do it in a round about way. You can do it, I have faith in ya.

Did you miss this part?

Making the appeal to authority is about all you do. At least from what I've seen. At the very least you seem to love you some authority, which explains why you'd have such a problem with my earlier post which would put some rather severe restrictions on it. You've usually got something like that if we were to go back and look, but why bother it's a pretty well known behavior for certain personality types. Maybe you're even telling the truth, who knows. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I realize that there are millions of people just like you who think they're making the world a better place. The percentage of them who are actually effective in doing that is microscopic. Why don't you post up and cite how you've actually done it, since you're so much more special than the random internet shit talker. Mr "We're making the world a better place". lmao!

So you're still wrong. You'd get most people in texas going against you if we polled for (way) more restrictions on government. Same thing if you think those shitbags aren't out of control. Sure it's not all of them. It's well more than enough.
        WH

Comment

Come at me directly, bro. Stop being a pussy and using other people's posts to do it in a round about way. You can do it, I have faith in ya.

Come at you directly for exactly what? I do not think you are an intelligent person, you spew stupid shit every chance you get. Any post from your username is automatically discounted as ignorant in my mind based on your post history.

Stevo

Comment

Screw their freedom, they have enough just like all the rest of us. They've got no business turning us into cattle so they can have a 5th castle somewhere to visit sometimes. So yes, piss all over their freedom to do that.
            Just so we don't lose the quote of Gasser basically being Hitler...

Stevo

Comment

The laws you pass today will be used against you tomorrow. Why... I mean, seriously, why?

I often see this nuance missed by both parties. We’ve lived this in horrific fashion with The Patriot Act being used full force to go after political opponents and even those that just disagree. Passing longer, more confusing and restricting laws that no one actually reads in full is extremely dangerous. The philosophy of passing it to find out what’s inside is a recipe for disaster. And then there are the names…. $1 trillion dollars in additional inflation named the Inflation Reduction Act.

Comment

Come at you directly for exactly what? I do not think you are an intelligent person, you spew stupid shit every chance you get. Any post from your username is automatically discounted as ignorant in my mind based on your post history.
                Finally lol. See, you're still alive. Let this be a lesson to you, that you don't always have to be such a pussy. There's no need for you to hide, it's only a message board.

But nobody cares about anyone's post history, this isn't 2005 anymore. And speaking of intelligence, you haven't got any if you think I was being 'literally hitler' for wanting to impose more restrictions on government. You need to read and understand the spirit of the U.S constitution.
                WH

Comment

Finally lol. See, you're still alive. Let this be a lesson to you, that you don't always have to be such a pussy. There's no need for you to hide, it's only a message board.

But nobody cares about anyone's post history, this isn't 2005 anymore. And speaking of intelligence, you haven't got any if you think I was being 'literally hitler' for wanting to impose more restrictions on government. You need to read and understand the spirit of the U.S constitution.
                  Again, based on this thread I'm the one who understands the Constitution and the Bill of Rights whereas you still seem confused. Also I said "basically Hitler", not literally, there's a difference.

"I've always thought that the U.S could stand to be a lot more authoritarian, and totalitarian against those people. "

Those are your words, which flies in the face of the spirit of the US Constitution.

Stevo

Comment

funny how all these people are stepping down or retiring! everybody got rich

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                      You haven’t even seen the book deals yet! Just wait until you see the final payouts. Only a few ways to stop all this BS and we aren’t there yet. Enjoy the ride and get your favorite snacks ready.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        In Fauci's case, the dudes 81 and half the country wants him dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                          In Fauci's case, the dudes 81 and half the country wants him dead.
                          same with Nancy Pelosi

Comment

Working...
                          X