No announcement yet.

Do we still own stangs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero stangs. I actually gave my last bit of Mustang parts (except a perfect SN95 dash I need to sell) to a forum member. I have fallen in love with racing my junk on dirt, so I have a Subaru. I also have an F body that I got for cheap and I really like it too. I also have a Porsche which I need to sell so I can buy a lot of JDM parts for the rally car. And I have a dirt cheap MR2 being built for the 2K challenge. I also have dailies. I don't ever see myself owning a Mustang again unless it's a new Bullitt or Mach1 and I decide it's worth it. I wonder how one would do on dirt?

Comment

I sold my 87 GT a while back after blowing it up a few times. From what I understand the guy who bought it from hasn't done anything with it. I've had a inkling to buy it back and do something stupid with it... but I haven't got around to it . The Chevelle is my main focus even though my cushion shrank significantly due to the pandemic and work slowing up.

Racking up the miles on my '19 AT4 driving all over West Texas even with these lovely fuel prices. Almost 200K in less than 3 years... it's been slow couple of years!

Comment

Yep, still got my 99 GT, even if it’s not much of a street car anymore. Took the road race engine I bought from Matt on here and went wild. Should be a nasty little 2V this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Zero stangs. I actually gave my last bit of Mustang parts (except a perfect SN95 dash I need to sell)
          What color is the dash, and how perfect is it? What year model?
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            What color is the dash, and how perfect is it? What year model?
            It’s black 94/5 GT with V8 dash harness. I need it gone so make an offer. We are moving and it needs to go. Most are cracked now which is why I kept this one.

Comment

Ah, sorry not what we need in this instance. I'm sure you can sell it if you put it on craigslist or a stang site that has traffic. Don't throw it away I'm sure someone can use it
              WH

Comment

Still do, 2003 Mach 1.

Comment

Still have the Coupe and Vert.
                  Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

We sold the 08 in 2015? And shes had a wrx since then. We have a new bronco on order but who knows when that shit may show up

Comment

I still have my 98, I haven't touched it since Dec 2015 when I put the motor and trans back in it. I've been contemplating parting it out.

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                        Nope. Daily drive a Ram 1500 crew cab, weekend cruiser is a low mileage Challenger R/T and another hardly ever driven Challenger hidden deep in the back garage. Would love to have a new Mustang GT but not sure it would be what it used to be. Now things like comfort and ride quality are higher up than what it looks like. 😂
                        I've had an 18 Camaro 1SS, a 21 GT Premium, and now a 17 Challenger Scat Pack.

To me, they represent three different era's in muscle cars. The Challenger is the 60's, big, comfortable, unapologetic, and bone crushing acceleration in a straight line. It's by far my favorite out of the three.

The Camaro is the early 00's. Great looks, light weight, fast as shit, an absolute riot to drive, but it feels cheap as all hell on everything. I was rubbing a hole in the floor mat at 11K miles and had a tear in the weatherstripping.

The Mustang is the modern era. It feels more like a luxury sports coupe than a muscle car. Think an evolution on the Mark VIII. Quiet, refined, loaded with features, and extremely well mannered. It has power, but it's hidden up around 4K RPM. Simply put, it's boring to drive.

Comment

Still have a 01 GT that is always under the knife for some reason or another. Then I have my 2014 FJ that is my other project. It has a Whipple 2.3l supercharger and no compression in cylinder 6. Rebuild is underway but I am in no hurry. I daily a '19 F150 but since I work from home, I don't drive much as of late.
                          01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post

I would have loved to buy that from you...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post

I would have loved to buy that from you...
                                Spoiler alert... it wasn't/isn't for sale. It's off to get stripped to bare metal, the driver's rear fender replaced, the roof cut off and converted to T-Tops, painted to perfection then I'll get it back in 18-24 months I think.
                                Originally posted by stevo
                                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X