Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
    Bubbles?!?!
    Great to finally put 2/3rds of a dorky face with a user name….

Comment

Hipsters can rallycross too. It’s cool. Build a car, race it, have fun; everyone is welcome.

Comment

I like it!
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
          I like it!
          I loved it. Thanks to 4bangen and his car, I tried it. It is the most fun I’ve ever had in a car per dollar, by a lot.

As a result, I have something really wild in the works. I’m going all in on driving fast on dirt. I’m hoping to take the same car to hill climbs, car shows and maybe even try a stage rally someday. I have to find a codriver / navigator for that though, and that is the hard part.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            I loved it. Thanks to 4bangen and his car, I tried it. It is the most fun I’ve ever had in a car per dollar, by a lot.

As a result, I have something really wild in the works. I’m going all in on driving fast on dirt. I’m hoping to take the same car to hill climbs, car shows and maybe even try a stage rally someday. I have to find a codriver / navigator for that though, and that is the hard part.
            I'm personally at fault for atleast five car purchases now for rallyx. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              Does anyone complain about it? I sure wouldn’t. Although my newest purchase is pretty much insane. When it is done it will be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                You a Bad Man!!! LOL!!!
                Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                  You a Bad Man!!! LOL!!!
                  haha I try...

Comment

When I started my search for a rallycross car, I really wanted a WRX. Fir rallycross you want stock or modified for rally. Finding a WRX that wasn’t rusty, slammed on crap coilovers or had dubious mods was and is still pretty impossible. I even considered STIs for the trick center diff, more power etc.

Then I stumbled on a rally replica that someone was campaigning in the Detroit rallycrosses. This car inspired me.

Imagine a car you can rallycross, hill climb, track, or just show off. This car gets invited to all sorts of car shows and gets parked next to the expensive stuff frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys View Post
                      when i started my search for a rallycross car, i really wanted a wrx. Fir rallycross you want stock or modified for rally. Finding a wrx that wasn’t rusty, slammed on crap coilovers or had dubious mods was and is still pretty impossible. I even considered stis for the trick center diff, more power etc.

Then i stumbled on a rally replica that someone was campaigning in the detroit rallycrosses. This car inspired me.

fify

Comment

So after two seasons of rallycross and seeing the above car, I decided I really want something like this.

The problem is these cost enough to buy a pretty nice house.

Comment

I may have bought a pretty complete Subaru rallycar. I might be building a semi hardcore rally replica of sorts. It will likely start seeing use late this year or early next year. All rallycross venues are a long drive but I have a new car hauler too.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            I may have bought a pretty complete Subaru rallycar. I might be building a semi hardcore rally replica of sorts. It will likely start seeing use late this year or early next year. All rallycross venues are a long drive but I have a new car hauler too.

Cool!
                            Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

It’s an 03 WRX with the goods in the drivetrain. It’s a hybrid EJ25 now, with full exhaust, Cobb tuner, STI 6 spd, R180 diff, 4 pot brakes, etc. It also has a certified rally roll cage, log book etc. it’s a full rally build. There is a lot of annoying body issues, but I have a plan for that. Photos to follow…. I’m going to build a 90% S8 / S9 rally replica. It won’t be perfect but it will look and drive the part. It’ll be used for rallycross, hill climbs and autocross. It might see a stage rally if I can find anyone crazy enough to navigate.

I also have 3.5 full sets of rally wheels and another set that will get tarmac tires. I need to sell some rally wheels.

Comment

New body parts are here. I need to find JDM side skirts and hopefully a Spec C roof vent someday too. I will probably work on the rear of the car this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X