No announcement yet.

April 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such an awesome story. Had to go into work in DC the evening of 9/11. Real creepy with the smell of acrid smoke from the Pentagon and no one was outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      I'm glad to have you around as well. Guys, I will ask just one thing of you all if you would.

Lift a glass or, if you don't drink, pause a moment tomorrow for my brothers who were injured or didn't make it home and their families. That's all. Drink to their honor or pause to remember their sacrifice.
      Thanks, and I absolutely will. We lost a lot of good guys in Sadr City.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

acknowledged the slight push back of rounds impacting the SAPE plates on my chest and back as I opened the feed tray cover
        In all the times I've read your story about this I don't know if this came up. Other than the obvious... how many rounds into plates did you soak up?

Comment

A good read every year, thanks!
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I'm glad to have you around as well. Guys, I will ask just one thing of you all if you would.

Lift a glass or, if you don't drink, pause a moment tomorrow for my brothers who were injured or didn't make it home and their families. That's all. Drink to their honor or pause to remember their sacrifice.
            Consider it done...

Comment

DFWM meet?

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                In all the times I've read your story about this I don't know if this came up. Other than the obvious... how many rounds into plates did you soak up?
                No idea. Not enough to kill me. I'll try to find a picture of my vest, it's not very impressive. The SAPE take hits and keep together pretty well but here's our gear when we dropped everything that night, while we were resupplying and getting water and ammo.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

No idea. Not enough to kill me.
                  GD, if that aint the most stoically inspiring shit since Marcus Aurelius...

I will ask just one thing of you all if you would. Lift a glass or, if you don't drink, pause a moment tomorrow for my brothers who were injured or didn't make it home and their families. That's all. Drink to their honor or pause to remember their sacrifice.
                  Cheers, Jim. To you and them.
                  Last edited by Strychnine; 04-04-2018, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Hot damn brother, I knew you were military but had no idea you were there that night!! I don't know where you live, but if I ever get the chance I'd like to shake your hand and buy you a beer! Thank you for your service and God speed to those lost! ��

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                      Hot damn brother, I knew you were military but had no idea you were there that night!! I don't know where you live, but if I ever get the chance I'd like to shake your hand and buy you a beer! Thank you for your service and God speed to those lost! ��
                      I'm out in Cooper these days which is why I never make the meets. It's a long damned drive.

Comment

Nope. It's my day on 04/04/04
                        5/9/04 was the day I lost my best friend over there. Can't believe he's been gone that long.

Comment

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            5/9/04 was the day I lost my best friend over there. Can't believe he's been gone that long.
                            The time never seems to actually move, does it? I still remember every second of it, the sights, sounds, smells.

Comment

Checking in with Lorenzo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'm out in Cooper these days which is why I never make the meets. It's a long damned drive.
                                Hell yes it is!!

Comment

Working...
                                X