April 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    It seems the older I get the more I realize I don't know anything.
    I think that's the secret to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      I think that's the secret to life.
      It's good seeing you guys still around. Especially after I've been gone this long.
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Good to see you come back Frost, and to find your calling. Safe travels my friend.

Comment

Guys I'll be honest, I'm having a lot of trouble staying on top of things this year. I find my energy is dipping hard and I'm lagging. A lot of depression trying to hit and the only thing keeping me running is heading to Hood on Sunday otherwise I'd probably just stay in bed until probably the 6th or so.

I mean, I feel just..drained and have for almost a week.

Comment

Guys I'll be honest, I'm having a lot of trouble staying on top of things this year. I find my energy is dipping hard and I'm lagging. A lot of depression trying to hit and the only thing keeping me running is heading to Hood on Sunday otherwise I'd probably just stay in bed until probably the 6th or so.

Frosty, I've had a near death experience, when I woke up a few weeks later after my accident the only thing important to me was my family. My kids and my wife were first on that list, the only thing on my mind was trying to form a plan on getting back to somewhat of a normal life to be there for them and providing.

And I don't mean to dismiss what you or I have been through because it still rears its ugly head almost every day for me, but we have to try and clear the bad and fill our life with good. I've read your story or most of what you have posted here and I can't imagine or even empathize one bit because all life changing experiences are different and the mental aspect for each individual will be what sets us all apart in life.

Stay strong Frosty, stay positive and don't let the bad overcome the good...'Henry

ps Theres always someone here to talk too, broskin, just send a PM to anyone here, we are assholes with a heart and it has been proven time and time again, we will step up for one another...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'll be drinking one for you and your Brothers.
              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

I’ve read your story. You are a whole lot stronger and tougher than any negativity that is creeping in right now. If you want to hear a crazy shit story sometime reach out. It’s so maddening I got mad at the wife today and she is being really cool about it all. It was nice out so I went on a long walk to chill and get my thoughts together. I will finish off tonight with a cold beer or two as well.

You are a whole lot tougher than any problem you are facing right now and 4/4 is proof.

Comment

Thanks guys. There's just days that things get to be too much and I just....I forget. Depression kicks in and I can't see things.

Comment

A big part of the reason your energy is dipping because you're badly overweight. It's a huge contributor whether you think it is or not. It's no way to live. Get down to a flat stomach whatever it takes, and you'll see depression fade and energy skyrocket. The psychological impact can't be understated. It's a night and day difference, they're two different worlds. Ask me how I know.

Or are you just gonna stay that way and do the "poor pitiful me" thing? It's time to sack up and be a man, one more time. Time to get rid of all the fat.
                    WH

Comment

• Get your T checked brother. Be strong, and party on. holler if you need to talk.

Comment

• Well, just got in ahead of the storm and found out what was killing me. PUlled up to the memorial and saw that black marble and just broke. I sat in the middle of it and just talked. Apologized for not being back for years and just...talked. A lot of venom came out and that tear scabbed over.

I'm feeling much more like myself than I have in months. I'm sunburnt, windburnt and...happy.

Gasser, even when I was doing 40 miles a day on my bike and rucking I didn't have a flat stomach. Until the VA figures out what to do about my hip grinding against nerves, I'm working with just my exercise bike but I do agree. I"m workign on it.

Still, what I needed was brotherhood and to see that. I needed to go back and I need to do it more often. It's an obligation I was neglecting and I could feel it.

Comment

• Glad you are doing better today. If you want to race a car Sunday hit up 4bangen and he'll tell you where to go. I share my hooptie, and it'll be more fun than sittin' around. Bring your own helmet, I don't share them. They have loaners but they are kinda skanky like a loaner GF.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                            Glad you are doing better today. If you want to race a car Sunday hit up 4bangen and he'll tell you where to go. I share my hooptie, and it'll be more fun than sittin' around. Bring your own helmet, I don't share them. They have loaners but they are kinda skanky like a loaner GF.
                            Thanks bubba. I appreciate it

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                              Well, just got in ahead of the storm and found out what was killing me. PUlled up to the memorial and saw that black marble and just broke. I sat in the middle of it and just talked. Apologized for not being back for years and just...talked. A lot of venom came out and that tear scabbed over.

I'm feeling much more like myself than I have in months. I'm sunburnt, windburnt and...happy.

Gasser, even when I was doing 40 miles a day on my bike and rucking I didn't have a flat stomach. Until the VA figures out what to do about my hip grinding against nerves, I'm working with just my exercise bike but I do agree. I"m working on it.

Still, what I needed was brotherhood and to see that. I needed to go back and I need to do it more often. It's an obligation I was neglecting and I could feel it.
                              That's good, I won't discount the exercise you were doing. But remember that those injuries can't force you to put food in your mouth. Nor can they force you to put trash foods in there, like burgers and fries and pizza and sodas and the whole lot. The laws of physics say that fat has to come off and you have to have a flat stomach, if you don't eat enough. Either that or someone is gonna win a nobel prize studying you and how you maintain fat without eating enough food to support it. If you cut it down to a single meal a day with no snacks or food of any kind outside of a 1 hour eating window, the fat is going away. (obviously the sweet drinks and fried foods have to go as well)

I know you said you're working on it, but you can actually cut some of that work out if you begin fasting. I find that this makes my life easier when it comes to trying to stay slim. It's easy to just be lazy on some days, and just not eat for 48 hours. 16 hour fasts are beginner mode, 12 hours if you really need to ease into it. That was me, I was so used to stuffing my face that it was hard to even skip one meal. But 24's are what most people should practice in the modern era of low manual labor. I will eat less than 365 meals this year. I only eat 1 meal per day (no eating outside that hour) and I'll do about three 48 hour fasts per month. It gets you so healthy that you don't even need as much sleep. I'm done sleeping at 6 hours, can't go any longer. A well known effect of fasting regularly.

Everyone has some crutch to fall back on, just ask them. Its boils down to whether you actually want it or not. I don't say this to bag on you (or anyone), I say it because it's a much better life. Is being fat what you want for your life? The quality of your life is far and away better by living the way people are supposed to. The way they looked at the beach in those 1970's photos.

I was badly overweight until I couldn't take it anymore. Got fed up with it and it had to go. If I can do it, so can you.

I'll never stop trying to convince people to lose weight and take control of their health.
                              WH

Comment

• Even just cutting out soda and sugary drinks alone will help a lot. It'll suck at first but after a few weeks, you don't miss it as much and the up and down yo yo effect of sugar and caffeine goes away. I drink one soda a week now on Fridays, and honestly this past Friday it was a bit too sweet so I drank less. If you cut back on sugar and salt you really notice them when you go someplace less healthy. I still eat two meals a day but salad and steak or salad and chicken is a go to a few times a week now. Every Sunday at home is salad and steak night now. We grill and kiddo and the wife chop up a salad for us. Small steps can lead to the next thing. A few more months of this, maybe I will be ready to try the full fasting thing. I will be at 12 hrs all week or more which helps. I had dinner at 6pm and won't eat until lunch tomorrow. I'm still way over what I want and need to be, but the number is falling and I'm feeling better. Walking helps a lot too. No one was meant to rock a computer all day. We were designed to be mobile. I try and hit 10k steps a day now. Today was light at 8k, but I'm sure I will make up for it tomorrow at work. I'm happy to have a new job that allows me to get out and about more.

Comment

Working...
                                X