Jade’s 66: father/daughter project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

love the project!!!

couldn't you have found a easier project mustang? that one looks like a ground up fixer upper

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Kickass, Blake.
      This will also be a very good way to keep her focused at school, her light at the end of the tunnel will be that '66.
      Heck yeah, though I don’t think she needs help with that focus. She kicks school’s ass.

Originally posted by scootro View Post
      love the project!!!

couldn't you have found a easier project mustang? that one looks like a ground up fixer upper
      Nah man, as projects go, this one is a cream puff. Body is pretty straight and it has almost zero rust.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        Heck yeah, though I don’t think she needs help with that focus. She kicks school’s ass.
        So did all three of my girls, once they got into HS, the friends and boys took over their lives. Hell I even thought my son would be different, shiit as soon as he got a taste of that poontang, bye-bye BAD-SVT, dad and school, hahaha!

I'm not saying this will be your outcome, but thats what I meant by help keeping her focused.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          So did all three of my girls, once they got into HS, the friends and boys took over their lives. Hell I even thought my son would be different, shiit as soon as he got a taste of that poontang, bye-bye BAD-SVT, dad and school, hahaha!

I'm not saying this will be your outcome, but thats what I meant by help keeping her focused.
          Hah, fair enough. I make it a point to listen to the voice of experience, so I'm taking good notes. Thanks!

Comment

Nah man, as projects go, this one is a cream puff. Body is pretty straight and it has almost zero rust.
            that's awesome! its gonna be a sweet car

Comment

Quick update:

We've done a lot of organization and going through things. The 289 spins freely and we're going to do a compression test probably this weekend. Fingers crossed. The backup plan is to throw an Exploder GT40P engine in there if this one is toast, but it sure would be handy if it comes back to life. It's bone stock (2bbl carb, factory exhaust manifolds, etc.) and while I haven't gotten to play with date codes yet, it appears to be the original engine.

As far as I can tell, it was parked in Mom's garage and blown apart over 5 years ago, but the oil level is good and looks clean.

Comment

This is awesome!

I got my Chevelle when I was 15 and my dad and I spent nearly a year doing a power disc brake conversion, rewiring, etc, etc. When I turned 16 and got my license, having put in all that work for a year... unforgettable. You're doing it right, dude. Take lots of pics!

Comment

Quick update:

We've done a lot of organization and going through things. The 289 spins freely and we're going to do a compression test probably this weekend. Fingers crossed. The backup plan is to throw an Exploder GT40P engine in there if this one is toast, but it sure would be handy if it comes back to life. It's bone stock (2bbl carb, factory exhaust manifolds, etc.) and while I haven't gotten to play with date codes yet, it appears to be the original engine.

As far as I can tell, it was parked in Mom's garage and blown apart over 5 years ago, but the oil level is good and looks clean.
                  I have a compression test kit if you need one.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

When the small block is ready for a Vortec S-trim or a solid lifter cam, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      This is awesome!

I got my Chevelle when I was 15 and my dad and I spent nearly a year doing a power disc brake conversion, rewiring, etc, etc. When I turned 16 and got my license, having put in all that work for a year... unforgettable. You're doing it right, dude. Take lots of pics!
                      Always good to hear about those irreplaceable memories at work. Thanks man, will do!

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      I have a compression test kit if you need one.
                      I really appreciate that, but I've got one squared away. Cool of you to offer though.

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      When the small block is ready for a Vortec S-trim or a solid lifter cam, let me know.
                      Yeeeeeaaah, might be a while.

Comment

money bet the 289 is fine. i picked up a 99 ranger stepside for troy . needs a trans but we have a year to fix it up. he will be 15 this month . jimmy gave him a set of wheels and we know a painter / upholstery guy .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                          money bet the 289 is fine. i picked up a 99 ranger stepside for troy . needs a trans but we have a year to fix it up. he will be 15 this month . jimmy gave him a set of wheels and we know a painter / upholstery guy .
                          Ranger is a great first car. That’s smart.

Hope you’re right about the 289. I drained the old oil and dropped the pan. Oil pump is toast (twisted up the drive shaft testing it) and the pickup is covered in crud. The underside of the rotating assembly looks good though

Comment

clean it up , fresh bearing , new chain and go . i've done it a dozen times. fresh cam and lifters too . but cylinders rarely wear bad unless real high mileage . compression test ??

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              clean it up , fresh bearing , new chain and go . i've done it a dozen times. fresh cam and lifters too . but cylinders rarely wear bad unless real high mileage . compression test ??
                              Sounds like a plan. I was working toward a compression test when the oil pump locked up. I popped the #1 main cap off and the bearing looks tired. Nothing catastrophic, but it’ll likely need bearings.

Adding up all those parts makes me consider throwing an Explorer 5.0 at it. We shall see.

Comment

they are cheap enough now days .

Comment

Working...
                                X