Cowards....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowards....

I'm just so incensed at the needless stupidity of the cowards on the Dallas City Council...

No money for Cops or Fire Department needs, not to mention the City workers and deplorable street/road conditions in Dallas.... but to spend $400K of tax payer money to appease the idiots that are offended by a statue...

It just beyond all logical reason.

I'm so F'n glad I no longer reside in Dallas.... what an embarrassment to the Great State of Texas the City has become.

mardyn

We should have had the indians pick the cotton.

Comment

I was born in Dallas and have lived in this area my entire life and before this recent controversy I didn't even know there was a Lee Park. I'm positive that if you went to South Dallas and polled a random sample of people, 99.9 % wouldn't know about Lee Park - much less who Robert E Lee was.

Any word as to when they're going to tear down the replica of Lee's house that is directly behind the statue?

Comment

When your own ancestors sold your ass but yet your mad at General Lee! I urge people to not spend one fucking cent in Dallas county!!! BTW that show Blackish is racist and should be pulled from tv

Comment

Removing monuments will not erase the stigma of being descended from slaves, or ever elevate those descendants above their third rate status in the pecking order.

In response to Captain Crawfish, I already do not spend a dime in the city of Dallas so no loss there for me or that city. The mayor and council still have blood on their hands over this since a truck driver was killed in their first failed attempt at getting a crane onsite.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
            I'm just so incensed at the needless stupidity of the cowards on the Dallas City Council...

No money for Cops or Fire Department needs, not to mention the City workers and deplorable street/road conditions in Dallas.... but to spend $400K of tax payer money to appease the idiots that are offended by a statue...

I'm so F'n glad I no longer reside in Dallas.... what an embarrassment to the Great State of Texas the City has become.

mardyn
            400K and its not removed yet.

Comment

I'm offended by the Martin Luther King statues, and black history month. We need to do away with those..

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                Savage.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Dallas politicians have delusions of grandeur and believe that they are destined for national office. They are doing this so they can run as good Democrats who stood up to racism.

The fucked up thing is that the park was built with private money and donated to the city with the agreement that they maintain it. It should not be up to the city to tear it down. The heirs of the people who paid for the place should sue to have their property returned to them since the city hasn't lived up to their end of the deal.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I believe there should be a vote of the citizens in that city as to whether it gets removed.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                      Wow. So offensive with such little effort lol.
                      talk about 2 for 1.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                        I'm offended by the Martin Luther King statues, and black history month. We need to do away with those..
                        Yep and Malcolm X street.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post

mardyn
                          I to was born and raised in Dallas, I moved out the City and county and headed north to Collin county in 1994 and haven't been back other than to visit relatives and friends. The school system was fucked up, crime was on the rise and the city council was taken over by morons the likes of Callaway, Price and host of other clowns.
                          My grandfather worked for the City of Dallas and Robert E. Lee park was his park that he and his crew maintained. I used to go visit him with my dad during the summer school break as a young boy, it was a beautiful park and so was the smaller parcel across the street on Turtle Creek. He did a wonderful job keeping the magnolias bushes, roses, oak trees and St. Augustine grass looking like carpet.
                          He would roll over in his grave if he knew the shit show that park has become, its a damn shame...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

WFAA ran a poll and 77% said leave the damn thing alone. I work one block down the street and the only people I ever saw out there in any sort of protest were young white hipsters. These same idiots are all over Facebook proclaiming everyone that disagrees with them to be racist.
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Originally posted by racrguy
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post

The fucked up thing is that the park was built with private money and donated to the city with the agreement that they maintain it. It should not be up to the city to tear it down. The heirs of the people who paid for the place should sue to have their property returned to them since the city hasn't lived up to their end of the deal.

If this is correct, I'd love to see the original owner's descendants lawyer up and file suit to reclaim the park based on breach of the agreement...

The clown show the leadership of Dallas has become over the last 40 years should be an embarrassment to every decent person within the city limits.

WTH didn't they put it on the next city election and let the voters decide? WTF is wrong with those morons?

Ridiculous I say...
                              mardyn

Comment

Working...
                              X