No announcement yet.

sleepers 1981 zephyr lsx/th400/turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The manual rack and all the supporting hardware came today. I got most of it put together today.

Im having to make my own bushings for the old struts so i can use them to roll the car around. The steering rack is nice and light. I didnt follow their instructions for the shaft. I tapped them a few threads vs a divit.

Comment

What are the details on that turbo? I've about got all my 5.3 parts rounded up. Just missing some fuel fittings, regulator and maybe an ls1 intake. I've been researching what turbo to go with now

Comment

Next turbo im getting will be a borg warner s475.

That is a cheapo gt45 from vsracing. The on3 76mm will make about the same power but has a really small turbine sidevs the gt45.

Its all in how much power you want to make. The gt45 ive seen 600ish but they are iffy quality. Ive seen big numbers out of the s400 series borgs esp once you start getting the fancy billet wheels and shit.

Comment

I've narrowed my choices to the s475r or the s480. Gotta get some guidance about the differences between the two and if I want the billet wheel or not

Comment

Alot of the guys on ls1 tech run those. If you hurry the guy from hurronspeed has a killer sale running.

Comment

Btw money no object billet wheel and race cover for sure.

Comment

I had to call flaming river on the rack. They claimed 4 turns lock to lock, but its really 3 1/2 ish. Once i got it centered i got the rest of the suspension back together for now.

Its officially a roller again. Sold the engine and trans that i pulled from it. Nor sure what i want to buy next.

Comment

Lookin good
                  81 LX
                  82 GT

Comment

looking real good! I wish I was that far on mine

Comment

Looking good, bay pretty close to a fox

Comment

Originally posted by FOKAI View Post
                        Looking good, bay pretty close to a fox
                        slightly more than pretty close

Comment

I found some old stuff i can sell for some car parts money!!!

I have some 94-95 spindles on the way. Need to figure out what calipers im going to run along with what wheels. Im thinking weld rts's

If i could find a set of oem bullets for cheap Id rock those. I wish i didnt live in bfe and or lived closer to, well people.

Comment

New parts!!!

I got these spindles from a guy on the corral. Man they are nice. They where modded to fit the pbr's and refurbished. Also came with spacers for the ball joints and the caliper bolts. 175 plus shipping. Ill plug his site as im that impressed.

Got some new rotors and refurb 94-98 calipers and some mm braided lines to fit the new calipers and match fox brake threads from latemodel.

Comment

New parts!!!

I got these spindles from a guy on the corral. Man they are nice. They where modded to fit the pbr's and refurbished. Also came with spacers for the ball joints and the caliper bolts. 175 plus shipping. Ill plug his site as im that impressed.

Got some new rotors and refurb 94-98 calipers and some mm braided lines to fit the new calipers and match fox brake threads from latemodel.

Comment

I scored a 8.8 with 373s for 85.00.

Im lucky to have a friend in denver who hunts with me. I found it on craiglist out in denver so he will deliver it next week. Woot.

Comment

Working...
                                X