No announcement yet.

My '69 Grande coupe build (continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      I'm trying to get used to the thumbs ups, waves, and people pulling up beside me to stare.

I bought a small single plane intake to swap out, I'm relatively sure that the dual plane intake is messing with the EFI. Hopefully this will solve the brick wall that it hits at ~5200
      Torker?
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
        Torker?
        holley street dominator
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• New intake is night and day different. First start it idles different, and needed more fuel on the top end, but pulls all the way to the shift. It runs cooler as well. I had a hard time getting the holley to control the fans, and Im not sure what I was doing wrong, but I re-did it three or four times and it started working like it should.

I have an appointment with Texas Track Works tomorrow to get it aligned. Hopefully I can find some time to address a couple of things, like a rattling window, etc.

Planning to head out sunday morning to Houston to meet the power tour.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

New intake is night and day different. First start it idles different, and needed more fuel on the top end, but pulls all the way to the shift. It runs cooler as well. I had a hard time getting the holley to control the fans, and Im not sure what I was doing wrong, but I re-did it three or four times and it started working like it should.

I have an appointment with Texas Track Works tomorrow to get it aligned. Hopefully I can find some time to address a couple of things, like a rattling window, etc.

Take tons of pictures for us on the PT. You know how jealous I am right now of you.

You need those tires?
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
              Take tons of pictures for us on the PT. You know how jealous I am right now of you.

You need those tires?
              yeah, I need them, but dont have time to get them or have time to have them put on.

Comment

yeah, I need them, but dont have time to get them or have time to have them put on.
                If you find time, let me know and you can swing by and grab them. You can pay me later.

Comment

If you find time, let me know and you can swing by and grab them. You can pay me later.
                  or I could drop cash in the wife's hands...

Comment

or I could drop cash in the wife's hands...
                    I'd like to see it myself one day though

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      i'd like to see it myself one day though
                      lol

Comment

New intake is night and day different. First start it idles different, and needed more fuel on the top end, but pulls all the way to the shift. It runs cooler as well. I had a hard time getting the holley to control the fans, and Im not sure what I was doing wrong, but I re-did it three or four times and it started working like it should.

Couldn't get my Holley HP box to turn on my fan either. Finally just wired it up to a switch.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Are you guys using a negative output to trigger a relay for your fans?

If the dedicated fans output won't work, just put it on a custom switch output.

Both my fan speeds seem to working as programmed but I use a custom output for the oil cooler fan and will do the same for the trans cooler fan too.

Comment

Are you guys using a negative output to trigger a relay for your fans?

If the dedicated fans output won't work, just put it on a custom switch output.

Both my fan speeds seem to working as programmed but I use a custom output for the oil cooler fan and will do the same for the trans cooler fan too.
                            I tried it just about every way I could. That was the only thing I needed to get the car going so I just said "fuck it!".
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                              I tried it just about every way I could. That was the only thing I needed to get the car going so I just said "fuck it!".
                              I used the B10 wire (grey with a black stripe IIRC) as the ground trigger to my relays.

To make it work, I had to turn on the electric fan function, then set the fan to the corresponding output in the pinout, and then save it, then write it to the ecm. I think.

Comment

• time for an update.

Swapping the gt40's for a pair of afr185's
                                changed the holley tbi to the newer style "terminator" throttle body, so I can put 210lb injectors in.
                                billet 80mm. Bought a kit for dirty cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X