Jade’s 66: father/daughter project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Oh yeah, anytime. I have a head full of body shop information, always here to share what I know. One thing that has not changed is the preparation of the body, it doesn't matter what brand paint you use, if the car isn't prepped correctly, everything will show, especially in the darker glossier colors.

But with Danny and that crew helping you, you should be OK...
    The paint on Danny's car is beautiful, for those that haven't seen it in person. Pictures don't do it justice as compared to real life, IMO..

Comment

But with Danny and that crew helping you, you should be OK...
      Yeah, that’s a huge help. We’ve been learning a lot about prep so far.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      The paint on Danny's car is beautiful, for those that haven't seen it in person. Pictures don't do it justice as compared to real life, IMO..
      Indeed it is. It’s one of the finest cars I’ve ever been around. It’s awesome that Danny drives it so much too. Usually a car that nice with that quality and quantity of work put in it gets a life sentence in the garage.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        No vinyl top, exterior is going to be a 2020 Jeep color: Bikini Pearl

Danny sourced us some cool chrome steel slots. They're actually Japanese, and likely for original Z cars, but the bolt pattern is right. Should be cool.

Are they like slotted mags? I've always wanted a muscle \car to throw a set of those or some Cragars on. Sounds like this thing is going to be a looker. How much time is left before she gets her license? Have you warned her not to date car guys yet? lol

Comment

I vote to keep the Eagle 5 stars on it, or some Hammers. :P

Comment

LOL, yeah, those eagle 5 stars are gonna look great on somebody else's trailer.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Are they like slotted mags? I've always wanted a muscle \car to throw a set of those or some Cragars on. Sounds like this thing is going to be a looker. How much time is left before she gets her license? Have you warned her not to date car guys yet? lol

She'll be 16 February 2022. Still lots of work to do, but I feel good about it. I haven't warned her about car guys too much, but she doesn't suffer fools, so it'll likely be a self leveling system. lol

Here are the wheels:

Comment

My dad passed away a few weeks ago, which has been pretty awful. Dealing with the estate has taken up every spare second but we managed to carve out an afternoon to get back in the garage. That was some good therapy. Fitzwell supervised, but Jade did most of the work getting the old driveline out. So long worn out 289/3spd. Making room for that 302/T-5 combo.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Dad

Comment

Can we get that girl some gloves, c-mon now...

Sorry about your Pops...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    Sorry to hear about your Dad
                    Thanks man, I appreciate it. He was a good man, and I'm very lucky to have had the parents I did.

Can we get that girl some gloves, c-mon now...

Sorry about your Pops...
                    Thanks man. I tried on the gloves, but she pushed back, and some lessons are better learned through experience. I was wearing gloves, lol.

Comment

• I'm all about safety, teaching my boy the little things.
                      For one you don't have greasy ass dirty finger nails. Two, some thing gets on your eye or you need to wipe your face, get your phone or other tools.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Whenever the topic arises, I always say that the best part of hot rodding and building cars is the friends you make along the way. I called Verne, my go-to paint and body guru to make sure I had the quarter panel alignment right. In his very Verne way, before I knew it, we were swinging into action. Quarter is now tacked up, and it's time for the long slow process of making two pieces of steel one piece of steel.

There are many aspects of this that I can and have handled on my own, but I'm certain I couldn't do it all nearly as well if I didn't have this crew of pirates helping to make it happen.

Thank you boys for coming over and making an event out of it!

Comment

• Looking good. Wish I could have seen it in person.

Comment

• why is the old fat guy just standing around ?

Comment

• We’ve been pretty diligent the last few days. Lots of welding. We’re pretty much to the point of grind off the high spots, fill in any blanks, rinse and repeat. This is fun.

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              why is the old fat guy just standing around ?
                              His tenure warrants a supervisory position. Plus, when you’ve got an experienced paint and body man present, you let him work his magic. Mike will get his chance when things get mechanical.

Well, that and he spent hours with me getting things trimmed and fitted the day before. Verne came by to make sure we did it right. He spent a few minutes with it and then said “what are you waiting on?”, so I ceased waiting.

Comment

• rotundra boy shows up on the farm i put him to work . gotta keep him in shape ya know .

Comment

Working...
                                X