No announcement yet.

sleepers 1981 zephyr lsx/th400/turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The guy who owns the cream dream talked me into them. He ran them on version one of the car. I was going to do the original style.

Are you going to minitub?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      The guy who owns the cream dream talked me into them. He ran them on version one of the car. I was going to do the original style.

Are you going to minitub?
      Nah no mini tub

Comment

• I emailed team z and we will see what they say to me. Im just going off what that dude said with his car. They where out of town when i ordered so i couldnt talk to dave.

I know of two monts that run relocated uppers. The cream dream runs team z and that dookie brown sloppymechanics car matt built runs baseline relocated uppers.

Comment

• That was quick. Here is what this guy there said haha. Im running stock rear springs and 275/60s btw

If you are staying with an 8.8 and not going mini tub/coil overs, that is the best option you have. That should be exactly what you want.

Thanks,

Frank

Comment

• Have you tried talking to Baseline suspension?

Comment

• I was going to buy his stuff since he is within a 2 hour drive. i asked if he could help me get it set up if i installed the parts and towed the car to his place. Offered to pay for his time and his reply was.

I dont do set ups and basically no help besides some calculators.

Thats why i went with teamz. More people run their stuff and dave and crew is always willing to answer my stupid questions so far.

Comment

That was quick. Here is what this guy there said haha. Im running stock rear springs and 275/60s btw

If you are staying with an 8.8 and not going mini tub/coil overs, that is the best option you have. That should be exactly what you want.

Thanks,

Frank
                Cool! I jut have wolfe double adjustable uppers and single adjustable lowers. I cut the springs to try and make my lower bar level at ride height. I had one of those wolfe adjustable spring perch things on a mustang a while back that would give adjustment with stock location springs. Been thinking about putting it in this car if I ever get that far

Comment

• Just remeber a fairmont rear spring is a higher rate than a mustang as well. A stock gt spring in our cars actually lowers them a little.

Comment

Just remeber a fairmont rear spring is a higher rate than a mustang as well. A stock gt spring in our cars actually lowers them a little.
                    Ive got vert springs on mine.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I dont know what rate ill end up with. Going to run the factory rear spring until i figure it out. Ive got 14 inch 175's on the front coilovers

Comment

• Upr tourqe box kit
                        team z bump steer kit for inch shorter a arms
                        pair of 10 way strange rears
                        not in the picture is the plates wolfe sells for the lower portion on the tq box that makes it nice and flat.

I need to get to the metal yard and get the 2x2 for the subframes. I am just going to copy the team z ones.
                        I am getting stoked to finally have the damn chassis done and start saving for the trans.

Comment

• Not happy with the thread engagement on the bumpsteer kit, going to have them send me the longer and cut it if i have too.

I got the rest of the dash ripped out today, now i need to sit down and figure out exactly my plan. good news is a heater core replacement is easy as fuck. im going to keep the hvac box. only weighs 12 pounds.

Comment

• Why not a ford engine?

Also imo, that car is begging to be painted black. With a heavy gloss.
                            WH

Comment

• I will never own a black car in my life again. Fuck that shit.

When i can afford to have it painted i was thinking that Subaru blue on the wrc cars, or a deep grey metalic, or white who knows haha.

Comment

• keep it OG

that car is too clean to go fucking it up... black would look like absolute shit due to the interior color.

a quality "high gloss" black color change will cost you as much as you've got in the car to date...

I'm not sure why you'd want anything but a "high gloss" paint job, but...
                                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                                X