No announcement yet.

Anyone helped a battered woman before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone helped a battered woman before?

It's late so I'm going to keep it short. Friend has been roughed up a few times, and checked herself into a local psych facility. She spent a week there, and since getting out decided to move out of her apartment early. So a few of her get friends and I packed up her stuff and bright it to my house temporarily. A few days have gone by and tonight she is spending the night with him.
    At this point I don't know how to handle this situation. Being a hard ass hasn't worked, but being supportive of her if she decides to try for a third time doesn't seem right either.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

She will continue to go back to him. People stay in relationships until the bad outweighs the good. Right now she still sees enough "good" in the situation, so she will put up with the "bad".

Not much you can do.

Comment

My chick runs an organization that helps domestic violence parties. Ultimately, they have to determine to cut off their addiction to the abuser for leaving to be successful.

Comment

Fack, I thought she did, but then I find this woe as me love letter he wrote before she checked herself in. It was sitting right on my couch.
        To add to the fire, her dad was abusive to her and her mom...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

She will more than likely always seek a man who is abusive, or gravitate towards one because of her own self esteem issues. In fact, she would probably feel like something was missing if she was with a man who didn't supply at least a little abuse once in a while...

Comment

Can't fix it man. Offer direction to help that is away from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              My chick runs an organization that helps domestic violence parties. Ultimately, they have to determine to cut off their addiction to the abuser for leaving to be successful.
              Really the only option.
              My wife and I took in a woman and her two kids last year. We paid their way down here from Chicago. We fed and took care of the three of them for weeks, putting our selfs in a financial pinch over the whole thing. Made arrangements for her to have free room and board when she went back, and moved mountains to get her stuff out of the apartment she shared with him up there while she was safe in Texas.
              One week after she went back she was back with him and posting about how great her life is and how happy they are.

Best bet is to contact Sean's wife, get her in a shelter, and let the pros handle it.

Comment

If there aren't kids involved and her life isn't in immediate danger I'd only offer moral support and only if she asked. What you don't want is the boyfriend to convince her you and her friends are the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  If there aren't kids involved and her life isn't in immediate danger I'd only offer moral support and only if she asked. What you don't want is the boyfriend to convince her you and her friends are the problem.
                  He is uber possessive and he already thinks that way. She told me about how one day he flipped out because she wore a thong on a Monday. She is off work on Mondays, and he texts her asking what she is wearing every Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                    He is uber possessive and he already thinks that way. She told me about how one day he flipped out because she wore a thong on a Monday. She is off work on Mondays, and he texts her asking what she is wearing every Monday.
                    That's fucking strange.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

You can't help someone who won't help themselves first.

Genesis Women's Shelter is a good organization.

Comment

There should be zero tolerance for anyone in a relationship for physical abuse. Sounds like you are doing all that you can to help her. Hopefully she will get into a shelter somewhere and receive counseling to break the habit.

...and LOL at the SVO deep fried tag.

Comment

I really hope you aren't trying to hit that. Drop her off at the shelter, don't invite that drama into your house. She has made her choice, and its him.

Comment

She is getting counseling, and I think she is still moving to get him out of her life.
                            Her: "... I get weak, I still slide backwards"
                            ME: "I hope you keep moving forward."
                            Her: "I think I will"

About the tags, funnynotfunny

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              That's fucking strange.
                              Not really. It's standard brain washing practice. You get them used to doing little things for you and move it up. Then you dictate their dress and food, modifying behavior you don't like to gain more compliance. It's pretty simple if you have a thought to do it.
                              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
                              X