Anyone helped a battered woman before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
    Judgement of what? Helping someone that asked for it? It wasn't my idea to have her move out asap. It was my idea to let her move her shit in my house, but that's because options were limited.
    Like others have said the only person that can fix it is her, but she needs people that will support her right?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    See man even this response here says youre trying to rarionalize what youre doing...knowing its a bad situation.

Everyone has already said it better than me...so i wont beat a dead horse here.

Comment

Cray bitches be cray. They will drag YOU TO HELL WITH THEM!!
      sigpic

Comment

Run, don't walk.
        Life is too short to put up with that kind of bullshit drama.
        She needs professional help and he needs to take himself out of the gene pool, neither of which you should be a part of.

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            have you tried hitting her?
            That might work. Hit her to let her know that going back to the abuser is a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              have you tried hitting her?
              I know it's wrong, but I laughed my ass off at this comment.

On a more serious note....went through the same thing with my sister-in-law. She is married to an extremely abuse asshole, mostly mental abuse but also the occasional physical tune-up. We tried to help her numerous times, and she always ran back to him. I think it becomes almost like what they say about a dog....it's about the attention, they want it even if it's bad attention, and they miss it when it's gone. The stories I can tell about shit this guy did would blow your mind. He was a real piece of work....he bullied everyone in her family including their Dad and Brother. Broke into our house when we had her come stay one night after a fight with him. He found out real quick that shit wasn't going to fly with me....the only person I've ever pulled a gun on and came very close to executing.

In the end, though, her situation worked itself out....he had a debilitating stroke some years back, now lives in a nursing home and has the mental capacity of a 5-year old. She's still married to him and visits regularly.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                That might work. Hit her to let her know that going back to the abuser is a bad idea.
                I was going to say that it would never work, cause then she would just keep coming back to the OP..

Comment

If she wanted to leave she would leave. If she does move on they typically go right to another pos and the cycle continues. Much like a addict.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                      Pics?
                      it seriously took until post #34 to ask for these? Jesus people!

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post

On a more serious note....went through the same thing with my sister-in-law. She is married to an extremely abuse asshole, mostly mental abuse but also the occasional physical tune-up. We tried to help her numerous times, and she always ran back to him. I think it becomes almost like what they say about a dog....it's about the attention, they want it even if it's bad attention, and they miss it when it's gone. The stories I can tell about shit this guy did would blow your mind. He was a real piece of work....he bullied everyone in her family including their Dad and Brother. Broke into our house when we had her come stay one night after a fight with him. He found out real quick that shit wasn't going to fly with me....the only person I've ever pulled a gun on and came very close to executing.

In the end, though, her situation worked itself out....he had a debilitating stroke some years back, now lives in a nursing home and has the mental capacity of a 5-year old. She's still married to him and visits regularly.
                        See... There are happy endings!
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          See... There are happy endings!
                          That's what I say...couldn't have happen to a better candidate! Karma is a bitch.
                          70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                            Pics?
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                              I'm glad I'm not the only one.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I misread the thread title....I thought it said "Anyone help batter a woman before?" Sorry, I don't have anything to add to THIS discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X