Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Patty melt who's cpa cert number did you post?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quikag View Post
    I'll clear it up for Patty because he won't and I was the one that looked up his name on the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. He didn't post a CPA cert number. He posted a certificate of membership from the Texas Society of CPA's. You do NOT need to be a CPA to join the society. I'm not aware of the specifics, but if you are qualified to sit for the exam, but haven't passed it yet, you can join the society or something along those lines.

This is a stone cold fact: Patrick R. Moore (aka Pattymelt) is NOT a CPA at this time. For him to misrepresent himself as a CPA could prevent him from ever being a CPA in the future. He needs to understand that fact and be very careful.
    Turn him into the board and get him banned for life

Comment

So let me get this straight, he posted something that was legit (non cpa related) but still legit and everyone was bashing him for character issues because they thought that was him claiming to be a CPA?

Did I get that right?
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
        I don't hate him enough to do that, but I would giggle to myself quietly if somebody else did
        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
          After thinking about it for a bit, here's the deal: if someone hired him and he performed professional services while representing himself as a CPA and his Dad didn't review and sign the return as the only real CPA at the family accounting firm, then that person should file a formal complaint with the TSBPA and get all of their money back. He's in deep shit at that point.

Otherwise, I just think he's an idiot personally.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Pathetic thread is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
              I'll clear it up for Patty because he won't and I was the one that looked up his name on the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy. He didn't post a CPA cert number. He posted a certificate of membership from the Texas Society of CPA's. You do NOT need to be a CPA to join the society. I'm not aware of the specifics, but if you are qualified to sit for the exam, but haven't passed it yet, you can join the society or something along those lines.

This is a stone cold fact: Patrick R. Moore (aka Pattymelt) is NOT a CPA at this time. For him to misrepresent himself as a CPA could prevent him from ever being a CPA in the future. He needs to understand that fact and be very careful.
              I see what you're saying, but the only way this could hurt him is if he represented himself as a CPA and was paid for his services while fronting as a CPA.

Coming on an internet forum and claiming to be a CPA is not grounds for banning someone from becoming a CPA. I'm sure if the right people got involved and someone had a stick up their ass they could ban him, but as it is, all you can do is file a complaint with the Texas board and see where it goes.

He hasn't represented himself as a CPA to a client for money (that we know of) nor has he signed off on work that should have been reviewed by a CPA, therefore everyone is spinning there wheels.

It may be a shitbag move, but this is DFWM, not real life and there is jack shit that can be done IRL other than people bickering back and forth in these threads.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                I see what you're saying, but the only way this could hurt him is if he represented himself as a CPA and was paid for his services while fronting as a CPA.

Coming on an internet forum and claiming to be a CPA is not grounds for banning someone from becoming a CPA. I'm sure if the right people got involved and someone had a stick up their ass they could ban him, but as it is, all you can do is file a complaint with the Texas board and see where it goes.

He hasn't represented himself as a CPA to a client for money (that we know of) nor has he signed off on work that should have been reviewed by a CPA, therefore everyone is spinning there wheels.

It may be a shitbag move, but this is DFWM, not real life and there is jack shit that can be done IRL other than people bickering back and forth in these threads.
                Exactly. This whole situation falls into the realm of Nunya!
                As in Nunya Fucking Business!
                Jealousy drips from every post that is trying to call him out.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  Jealousy drips from every post that is trying to call him out.
                  Really? I agree with calling him out.

I also agree the "caller-outer" kept the foot on the gas a little more than he should have and cast a negative light on himself.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Absolutely. That is a professional certification that takes years to get. I am shocked that people are willing to dismiss it so easily when the slightest grammatical error gets the ire of dozens...

However, since it is now fashionable, I shall cite my non existent medical degree when giving medical advice on here.

Don't worry. I will sign up for next years MCAT, so it'll be all right.

When in Rome..

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                      Absolutely. That is a professional certification that takes years to get. I am shocked that people are willing to dismiss it so easily when the slightest grammatical error gets the ire of dozens...

However, since it is now fashionable, I shall cite my non existent medical degree when giving medical advice on here.

When in Rome..
                      My bad, I'm just jealous. Besides, a lot of people here know him and he's way cool.
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                        but... but... he has a lambo and gave a kid a ride!!! he must be fucking awesome! just like Mike Kelly!!!

sorry, but showing off your mommy/daddy or grandma-bought car to some little kid does NOT negate the fact that you're a smarmy weasel douchebag fuck
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post

I also agree the "caller-outer" kept the foot on the gas a little more than he should have and cast a negative light on himself.
                            I said it in one of the other threads, (BTW how many threads do we need about this?) it had the potential to be one of those funny OWNED threads that gets spread around the internet.

Real world threats took it to a "this guy is fucking creepy/scary" sort of level.

I don't think any trolling has ever really been taken to real life on this little board. Taking trolling to the real world RUINS message boards. People get attacked in real life and LOTS of members quit contributing to the board or leave the board entirely.

On another board I post on trolls started contacting facebook friends, girl friends, wives, employers, and business contacts of other users. People got fired, a guy lost a SIX FIGURE business contract with a movie studio, and in the most extreme instances, the FBI showed up to member's homes.

At first I started making sure to edit my pics/never linking directly to facebook or make sure they didn't show anything identifying, then I quit posting pics/sharing info/making threads all together. Eventually I left the forum. I still lurk from time to time, but posting on my favorite board isn't worth having the fucking FBI kick in my door.

No this wasn't 4-chan, but that board's atmosphere is what led to all those shennanigans IMO.
                            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                              I said it in one of the other threads, (BTW how many threads do we need about this?) it had the potential to be one of those funny OWNED threads that gets spread around the internet.

Real world threats took it to a "this guy is fucking creepy/scary" sort of level.
                              Fair point, I agree.

Comment

What the fuck is going on here?
                                (Quick synopsis, I was in orientation all day)

Comment

Working...
                                X