No announcement yet.

My '69 Grande coupe build (continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice of you guys to pick the cheapest option.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm more fond of A because you'll still have an assload of flat panel above the stripe if you go with C.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
        I'm more fond of A because you'll still have an assload of flat panel above the stripe if you go with C.
        Im with you, I don't know if c would be enough.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Get something custom made?
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

how well does that venom setup work? been thinking about doing something similar to my Torino
            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

A or C on the stripes, at least with A it breaks up some of the white a little more.

Like Mike said, needs more low too!

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                how well does that venom setup work? been thinking about doing something similar to my Torino
                Its very well made, and very simple. The main bracket is about an inch thick, cnc'ed, and is straight, so not much room for deflection. The spacer is hub centric, and the knurls of the new 3" studs press into it as will. Once it is all put together, it might as well be considered one piece.

When you compare the costs of the other brake upgrades, this is priced closely, and imho a much better system, speaking fROM my application and options.

Comment

the 3 inch studs press into the bracket? or you have to get new wheel studs for the hub?

edit: nm, took a second look at your pic and saw the spacer you were talking about. did it come with new studs?
                  1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                    the 3 inch studs press into the bracket? or you have to get new wheel studs for the hub?

edit: nm, took a second look at your pic and saw the spacer you were talking about. did it come with new studs?
                    Yeah it come with all the hardware

Comment

I think I found a stripe that will be about right, and it looks like/similar to the lower portion of the boss 302 strip. I can get it blank or with 302 cut out of it... Im leaning twards the 302 cutout.

Comment

That stripe looks nice! Better than the other choices.

Comment

Nice car...gives me hope for my 66

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                            I think I found a stripe that will be about right, and it looks like/similar to the lower portion of the boss 302 strip. I can get it blank or with 302 cut out of it... Im leaning twards the 302 cutout.

I dunno why, but it feels like there needs to be something accentuating the body line that's right below the door handles. Just from looking at it. (your car, not the one pictured here)

What's the deal with the scoop on the car you pictured there Baron? If you could do something like that maybe it would help? (I don't know shit about older mustangs and the body differences.) The scoop helps to break up the side of the car and uses both the hip line and the upper body line on the one you've got pictured here. The red pinstripe and 2 tone also help.

I've edited this post like 3 times (scratch that, 4,) adding different comments, if something seems like it doesn't make sense, it probably doesn't.

Comment

The scoops on came on the fastback, non Boss versions.

I would do something along the lines of this:

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

always liked that green... sickkkk ditch chrome wheels.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X