No announcement yet.

Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could be, does that only disable the fuel pump?
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
      Could be, does that only disable the fuel pump?
      Yup, idea is to keep fuel from spewing all over in the event of a rollover. From your pic looks like it was bypassed/hard wired.
      WRX

Comment

I think that's the screw hole mount for the switch just above the connector in the pic.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Is the switch even there? If not you can have mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I Think it's missing, this is a bigger view of the area and there's not anything to connect it to in the spare wheel well.

Stevo

Comment

that looks like it should be plugged into an inertia switch.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Yup, that's it, mine is missing and you can see the holes from the mounting screws where it's missing. Ok, good to know.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  Yup, that's it, mine is missing and you can see the holes from the mounting screws where it's missing. Ok, good to know.
                  Buy a new one, they're cheap.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                    Buy a new one, they're cheap.
                    I deleted mine from the harness if he wants a free one. But yes, they are check enough. I would be curious to see why they deleted it to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      I deleted mine from the harness if he wants a free one. But yes, they are check enough. I would be curious to see why they deleted it to begin with.
                      I bet it went bad. We had one die in the probe race car on the track.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                        I bet it went bad. We had one die in the probe race car on the track.
                        I used to use mine as an anti-theft device when I parked my coupe at hotels in shreveport. Pop the trunk to get my bag out and used the key to pop the button up. Let them try to start it now.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          I used to use mine as an anti-theft device when I parked my coupe at hotels in shreveport. Pop the trunk to get my bag out and used the key to pop the button up. Let them try to start it now.
                          My first mustang was a 68 fastback, I used to pop the hood and take the rotor out from the distributor so that it wouldn't run. 0.0% chance the car would run on it's own power.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                            My first mustang was a 68 fastback, I used to pop the hood and take the rotor out from the distributor so that it wouldn't run. 0.0% chance the car would run on it's own power.
                            My stepdad did that to me too. I kept a spare 7.97 rotor in the glove box.

Comment

• So I have a few parts that should be arriving tomorrow for the car, I should be able to do the head swap in the next few weeks with the parts coming in.

Parts arriving:
                              1. GT40 upper and port matched lower intake. I'll remove and sell my explorer GT40P intake setup (with EGR) during the head swap. I really just wanted the tubular upper and since the lower is port matched that's a plus I suppose.
                              2. Ford Racing head gaskets
                              3. FelPro gaskets (timing cover set, valve cover, intake upper/lower)
                              4. New header gaskets
                              5. ARP head bolts and cam bolt
                              6. Sealed power timing chain
                              7. Ford Racing harmonic balancer

I already have on the bench a set of TrickFlow 170 heads, TFS1 cam, Scorpion 1.7 stud mount rockers, TFS valve covers. The heads already had an O Ring cut into them for the Loc Wire gaskets, but I'm gonna be NA and pretty mild so I'm planning to get them milled and remove that ring (pic below). I called Wayne Calvert up in Denton and he said it's like $68/pair to mill them (likely more based on needing to remove enough material to get rid of the ring) so I wanted to know if anyone has used him before and has a review on his shop?

Stevo

Comment

• I've had Calvert balance several flywheel/clutches and build a 2.3 short block and I've never had an issue with anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X