No announcement yet.

Birddog0347 rescues a Fox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So beginning of March I took my TFS heads to Calvert and got them cleaned up, checked out with a clean bill of health and had .018 milled off the deck to get the Loc-Wire gasket ring milled out of it. Got them back a week later. I've got my valve covers stripped and the crappy old orange paint off them, I taped off the raised letters so I can leave them with the machined look and laid down some wrinkle black paint. I also got my GT-40 intake with port matched lower cleaned up, painted and ready to go. I got in most of the stuff I need to do the top end of the engine, which I hope will be fine with a TFS1 cam and 1.72 rockers.

That said, if anyone has some good 1.6 RR and wants 1.7, mine are scorpion and I might be interested in trading.

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo

Stevo

Comment

• I knew I'd be tearing it down so I drove it almost the whole week, and it was perfect weather for it!

Up on stands it goes...

Time to pull it apart.

Stevo

Comment

• I knew I'd be tearing it down so I drove it almost the whole week, and it was perfect weather for it!

Up on stands it goes...

Time to pull it apart.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by stevo

Stevo

Comment

• Stock long block, not sure on miles but the crosshatch isn't awesome... had good compression before I tore it down though so I'm gonna leave it as is till I break it or go bigger later down the road.

These fucking E7 heads weigh a metric shit ton... I think I can skip the gym tomorrow after lifting them off. I still need to buy a puller tomorrow to remove the balancer.

Stevo

Comment

• Awesome man!
                Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

WRX

Comment

• Noice
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                      These fucking E7 heads weigh a metric shit ton...
                      Awww... that's cute.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Meh,

Comment

• I'll need to see a DP can next to it, to accurately gauge how big it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                            Stock long block, not sure on miles but the crosshatch isn't awesome... had good compression before I tore it down though so I'm gonna leave it as is till I break it or go bigger later down the road.

These fucking E7 heads weigh a metric shit ton... I think I can skip the gym tomorrow after lifting them off. I still need to buy a puller tomorrow to remove the balancer.
                            Just borrow one from Autozone or Oreilly's.

Comment

• It's like $15 bucks... I might as well buy it.

Stevo

Comment

• So here's a few more pics of the progress...

New heads on, TFS1 cam installed with new timing set, cleaned up the timing cover and painted it. New balancer on too.

Scorpion 1.72 RR installed and getting lash set.

Passenger header installed.

Lower intake, distributor (installed 180 degrees off, I fixed it this morning), and crank pulley installed. Water pump and PS/Alt brackets also installed.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X