programers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• programers

recently purchased a 04 harley deuce . first efi harley i ever owned. i come from the days of knuckles and pans . i speak carburetor not injection .
    i've only moved it on and off the trailer but the high ide drives me nuts. original tires so no way i'm riding it. getting new tires on it now.
    anyway, i have programmers for cars but nothing for a bike. any recommendations . not looking for more hp just adjustments .

I only have experience with a Power Commander, but it's been so long since I messed with it I don't even know what to tell you on that. I bet they are still the industry leader.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I used a PV 3 I think and these guys to tune it on my 16 Scout 60 a few months back. Holy shit it woke that bike up and they were johnny on the spot on getting me a tune. Better mileage and a lot of HP for that bike. It was detuned from the factory. Everyone on the scout forums loved these guys.

Fuel Moto offers unlimited technical & tuning support for our customers. We are direct partnered with the manufacturers, several of which we are involved at the engineering level. You could try and ask your mail order or web retailer common tuning questions and you will usually be directed back to a manufacturer for support. Fuel Moto is always here to help.

Funny you mention the ole HD though. Since all the tracks close to me shut down I traded my Ace 900 for a 08 HD Rocker C with 4000 miles. I just ordered V&H pipes for it and may tune this beast with fuel moto. The guy had stripped off the fender and cut the exhaust off going to stub it. Sounds like a dragster going down the road. I am going to polish it up tomorrow and reinstall the back fender.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post

Funny you mention the ole HD though. Since all the tracks close to me shut down I traded my Ace 900 for a 08 HD Rocker C with 4000 miles. I just ordered V&H pipes for it and may tune this beast with fuel moto. The guy had stripped off the fender and cut the exhaust off going to stub it. Sounds like a dragster going down the road. I am going to polish it up tomorrow and reinstall the back fender.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9F1poKFw95kWgNXt9
        Man, thats a cool looking bike!
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
          Man, thats a cool looking bike!
          Thanks.

It might actually be a keeper, maybeeee.... I spent today soldering wires back on the harness in back so I can put the fender back on. Who TF cuts the wires when they literally unplugged 6 inches from where they were cut. Realized I ordered 3 wire blinkers and not 4, derp.

It's not perfect as apparently it just sat around his shop and got rubbed and bumped here and there, but may all buff out. But overall it looks pretty nice and the Ace was only worth probably 6500. So, I did ok on the deal. He knew it and gave no fucks.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

why the fuck anyone would think that looks good. dumbass should get a rock in the spine for being trash. but then i'm a custom painter so i like all the shiny shit i can get. the deuce comes with a lot of shiny shit. my last panhead was an easy rider clone.
            that will be a good looking cruzer when you get it back together. tons of stuff for it on marketplace.

Comment

I’ve always thought rocker c’s were pretty ugly.

Dyno Jet Power commander is solid. 100’s of pre-configured maps according to your motor combo that are easily uploaded with a laptop/desktop. Your high idle could be something besides the tune as well, like an air leak.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                why the fuck anyone would think that looks good. dumbass should get a rock in the spine for being trash. but then i'm a custom painter so i like all the shiny shit i can get. the deuce comes with a lot of shiny shit. my last panhead was an easy rider clone.
                that will be a good looking cruzer when you get it back together. tons of stuff for it on marketplace.
                Just waiting on the new front tire now, it has the original on it. It came out pretty well after some clean up and with the new exhaust. Hopping from the FZ1 to this thing is like going from a fighter jet to a tractor puller. It rides really well though. They didn't make many of them. People are funny I got lots of thumbs up riding it around the other night. Kind of reminds me of my shovel, but in a fuel injected more reliable type of way. The exhaust is throaty but not stupid loud. As I get older.......

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                I?ve always thought rocker c?s were pretty ugly.
                I wanted one since they hit the showroom floor, but the were 20k new and no fucking way I was paying that.

It is back together now. Changing the levers and the shifter rod linkage thingy and then I am done. Fun fact, it was the only bobber HD ever made.

Last edited by kingjason; 01-10-2023, 02:38 AM.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  Just waiting on the new front tire now, it has the original on it. It came out pretty well after some clean up and with the new exhaust. Hopping from the FZ1 to this thing is like going from a fighter jet to a tractor puller. It rides really well though. They didn't make many of them. People are funny I got lots of thumbs up riding it around the other night. Kind of reminds me of my shovel, but in a fuel injected more reliable type of way. The exhaust is throaty but not stupid loud. As I get older.......

I wanted one since they hit the showroom floor, but the were 20k new and no fucking way I was paying that.

It is back together now. Changing the levers and the shifter rod linkage thingy and then I am done. Fun fact, it was the only bobber HD ever made.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X23dCEJ2XFcQoJgi6
                  It does look like something a badass red oak cop would ride though…

Comment

looks much better. i'm going with gear drive on the cams so i can lower the idle some . also going with a spoke rear wheel. i do not like the solid wheel. no way to keep it clean and 600 bucks to get it polished.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      It does look like something a badass red oak cop would ride though?
                      I ditched that place 6 years ago, and headed south. Second in command and have hired all of the current employees but 1. We have damn near tripled in size. Once they mention Walmart, I am gone.
                      looks much better. i'm going with gear drive on the cams so i can lower the idle some . also going with a spoke rear wheel. i do not like the solid wheel. no way to keep it clean and 600 bucks to get it polished.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iq2XUFgvfcNL4bVr5
                      Did you just say a spoked wheel was easier to keep clean!
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

defiantly easier than this pos aluminum wheel. as long as they are chrome spokes.

Comment

Chrome easier than black….

Comment

cant stand the murdered out shit. but then i'm old and grew up with chrome. chrome polished with ceramic coating will stay nice for a while. i dont ride in mud or rain so my stuff stays shiny. if it does get dirty it rinses off easily .
                            back in the day i had a nova street gasser that had everything possible chromed.
                            i like the diamond twist spokes. may end up going that way .

Comment

cant stand the murdered out shit. but then i'm old and grew up with chrome. chrome polished with ceramic coating will stay nice for a while. i dont ride in mud or rain so my stuff stays shiny. if it does get dirty it rinses off easily .
                              back in the day i had a nova street gasser that had everything possible chromed.
                              i like the diamond twist spokes. may end up going that way .
                              Well, you said it yourself, you don’t ride for real. Enjoy wiping your junky deuce down with a diaper every weekend!
                              Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 01-11-2023, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X