Buying online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying online

How many time have we heard the stories about a long distance purchase gone wrong.. I'll be blunt, I you put down major cash (you define that price) to purchase something online, you better damn sure do your due diligence or have some protections...
    Todays story... Buddy lives in Arizona. Big car guy, not a baller, but is doing good.He texts me last night about a car thats local to me on an auction site. It ends on Friday, current bid is 28k... Says hey, can you go check it out for me, I think im gonna buy it.. Heck ya, im down. I go by...
    I go by today after work..Holy shit what a pile of metal. I wouldn't give 2800 for the thing, much less 28k..
    The thing was structurally unsafe. The rear leaf shackles look like Ray Charles (or that Cowboy kicker) welded them on (can you really call that welding?)... The rear end was 1.5 inches from the frame and looked like it bottomed out regularly . The body work was lipstick on a pig... I pretty much stopped there, told my buddy on the phone, you aint buying this pile. And left. (seller was less than cordial after he heard that.. Fuck him.
    I HATE seeing people get taken be these assholes. Dont waste your hard earned money on stuff you cant verify... I know, I know, no one here would do it, but danmn. The poor fucker thats gonna end up with this auction vehicle is gonna be pissed.. Rant over..

I couldn't even get time to see any cars on craigslist local as they sold so quick. That frustrated me. So I went the other route and looked around elsewhere. Then I had a probably rare great experience buying my car on ebay sight unseen halfway across the country. Also the shipping was without a hitch. I was really nervous as I have never done that before either.

Comment

is this on eBay!? fuck em lets see the link

Comment

Seen so many cars that look great in pictures but in person just junk.

I also learned a lesson buying a Suburban at night. Seller said could only show me after work late. I bought it and next day there was smoke from exhaust I didn't see. I put a better motor went in it but still sucked. Only look at vehicles during daylight.
        Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          is this on eBay!? fuck em lets see the link
          Sure.. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...bus-resto-rod/

Comment

The comments are comical.

"Whoever built this must have had a lot of fun doing it. The craftsmanship is excellent. I have no idea what $ were put into it but it must have been hefty."
            G'Day Mate

Comment

So who?s gonna be the token DFW member that signs up there to comment the real deal on it?

Comment

Man pictures are deceiving! $50 grand is allot of money for that

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                  Man pictures are deceiving! $50 grand is allot of money for that
                  Bitch sold for 65k, damn... That was this guys first sale on there too..
                  Someones gonna be pissed..

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                    Bitch sold for 65k, damn... That was this guys first sale on there too..
                    Someones gonna be pissed..
                    that's fucking crazy!!!

Comment

God, he’ll be happy if he just wants a nice paint job

Comment

Will Darnell: "You sold him that piece of shit, you oughta be fuckin' ashamed of yourself."

Comment

Working...
                        X