Ad block and video ad block browser script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad block and video ad block browser script

I tried to search on here and couldn’t find it, but at one time someone posted how to block these things by editing your browser script? Maybe it was TxRedneck. Thanks!

You're wanting to block YT ads and ads everywhere else? uBlock Origin, Sponsor Block are the two I'd recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      You're wanting to block YT ads and ads everywhere else? uBlock Origin, Sponsor Block are the two I'd recommend.
      What I recall wasn’t a program or ad-on it was editing script for your browser. It worked really really well. It also under the radar blocks shit from sites that won’t let you browse with an ad block prog or browser ad on.

Comment

Then you're probably thinking of NoScript

Comment

Then you're probably thinking of NoScript
          That did it! Thank you so much!

Comment

Yw Bubba

Comment

To reiterate: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dnhcphjbkeiagm

These two cover the vast majority of ads for most folks. I believe there are FireFox extensions as well.

Comment

To reiterate: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...dnhcphjbkeiagm

These two cover the vast majority of ads for most folks. I believe there are FireFox extensions as well.
                I use Brave at home and I had the whatever script or program I was trying to remember from way back when. I was this time wanting them for my work computers. They use Firefox and Edge. Thanks again that was really helpful!

Comment

Yw again. No Script is a blunt device, so most won't take the time to "train" it and tend to accept the tradeoff, which is more convenient and less "secure".
                  Last edited by Tx Redneck; 12-03-2022, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X