No announcement yet.

Ammo prices are absolutely insane right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up 500 rounds of 7.62X51 from SG. Didn't have any so had to pay the price.
    Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Ammo prices are so bad I bought an AK again and was looking at Mini 30s. Now the problem is most ranges don’t allow the Russian steel case ammo......

Comment

Who has turned you away for using steel case ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
          Ammo prices are so bad I bought an AK again and was looking at Mini 30s. Now the problem is most ranges don’t allow the Russian steel case ammo......
          Probably because they can't reload YOUR spent shells. lol

Comment

Stopped by a pawn shop/gun store on Irving Blvd yesterday to just look around. Clown running the store is asking 50 dollars for 50rd handgun FMJ ammo. Fucking profiteering scumbag.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              Steel case or steel core? I've never heard of a range prohibiting steel case ammo
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                Steel case or steel core? I've never heard of a range prohibiting steel case ammo
                That's what I was getting at...

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  Almost all the steel case Russian stuff I’ve seen will not pass the magnet test. Do you know which ones will pass it? I’d love to get some rifle range time and it not cost me in ammo that is hard to find and expensive right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    Stopped by a pawn shop/gun store on Irving Blvd yesterday to just look around. Clown running the store is asking 50 dollars for 50rd handgun FMJ ammo. Fucking profiteering scumbag.
                    I'm sure someone will eventually buy it but not me. I'll buy online and sit and wait for it but don't want to get gouged like that.

Comment

Fox just ran a story. That will surely guarantee even more of a run on ammo.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        Fox just ran a story. That will surely guarantee even more of a run on ammo.
                        Link?

Comment

Ammo shortage strikes as hunting season begins
                          Store owners say that demand has been high all year and they're struggling to maintain stock
                          By Michael Hollan | Fox News

It’s looking like it’s going to be a busy hunting season.

According to multiple states, significantly more people than usual have applied for hunting licenses, likely due to a desire to get outside after the coronavirus pandemic forced many to cancel summer plans. Of course, more hunters means that more people are going to be shopping for guns and ammunition and some stores are reporting difficulty in keeping up with the demand.

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation reported making $900,000 on the first day of hunting licensing and permitting. In 2019, that number was only $300,000.

It’s not just the higher demand for hunting that’s causing the shortage, WSAV reports. During the early months of the pandemic, store owners reported an increase in ammunition sales as well. According to some owners, they’re still feeling the impact from that time period.

Kayton Smith, who owns Pooler Guns in Georgia, explained to the news outlet, “During the May and June months, everyone bought up all the ammunition that was being made so there is very little ammunition currently available. Even things like the 270 bullets, I got an order of 20 boxes and they sold out in three days.”

On top of that, this year has seen a significant increase in the demand for hunting permits and licenses. According to KXAN, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation reported making $900,000 on the first day of hunting licensing and permitting. In 2019, that number was only $300,000.

“The hunting season hasn’t had that big of an impact in gun sales in years, but with folks being homebound — they’re sick of that,” Tim Kinton of Kinton Guns in Farmington, NY, explained to KXAN.

While he also reported a shortage of ammunition, he said he doesn’t think it will have too much of an impact on hunting season. On the other hand, he also said he doesn’t expect the problem to go away anytime soon.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...on-coronavirus

Ammo shortage strikes as hunting season begins
                            Store owners say that demand has been high all year and they're struggling to maintain stock
                            By Michael Hollan | Fox News

It’s looking like it’s going to be a busy hunting season.

According to multiple states, significantly more people than usual have applied for hunting licenses, likely due to a desire to get outside after the coronavirus pandemic forced many to cancel summer plans. Of course, more hunters means that more people are going to be shopping for guns and ammunition and some stores are reporting difficulty in keeping up with the demand.

The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation reported making $900,000 on the first day of hunting licensing and permitting. In 2019, that number was only $300,000.

It’s not just the higher demand for hunting that’s causing the shortage, WSAV reports. During the early months of the pandemic, store owners reported an increase in ammunition sales as well. According to some owners, they’re still feeling the impact from that time period.

Kayton Smith, who owns Pooler Guns in Georgia, explained to the news outlet, “During the May and June months, everyone bought up all the ammunition that was being made so there is very little ammunition currently available. Even things like the 270 bullets, I got an order of 20 boxes and they sold out in three days.”

On top of that, this year has seen a significant increase in the demand for hunting permits and licenses. According to KXAN, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation reported making $900,000 on the first day of hunting licensing and permitting. In 2019, that number was only $300,000.

“The hunting season hasn’t had that big of an impact in gun sales in years, but with folks being homebound — they’re sick of that,” Tim Kinton of Kinton Guns in Farmington, NY, explained to KXAN.

While he also reported a shortage of ammunition, he said he doesn’t think it will have too much of an impact on hunting season. On the other hand, he also said he doesn’t expect the problem to go away anytime soon.
                            I have no problem finding 7 mag rounds, or broadheads for my compound bow. :-D

Comment

I was talking to one of the sales guys at Sports World here in Tulsa on Saturday. He commented that one of the snags that's compounding the reloading problem is that the large powder supply coming out of Australia has completely stopped due to lockdown. Sports World has been putting out ammo daily, but limiting how much you can buy. It seems to have calmed down some of the crazy hoarding, as they usually have ammo on the shelves. 380, 9, 45, Ar and Ak are available. Not cheap, around 19 bucks for 9 and up to 23 bucks for 45.
                              Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Cabela's in lubbock had 500rd packs of Winchester 9mm yesterday for $129.

Comment

Working...
                                X