Russian ammo ban?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian ammo ban?

Is this just rumor or did this actually just happen? I saw a video about it and checked all of the usual sources and they were fine, 30 minutes later they are all sold out. Supposedly banning the import of Russian arms and ammo.

fucking hell. i saw it too . i have several thousand rounds on order of wolf ammunition.

Comment

Biden Administration Bans Russian Imports of Firearms or Ammunitionhttps://tass.com/world/1328535GNG Website & Affiliate Links: https://www.gunsngadgets.comS...

Seems a lot of folks having to struggle finding out for sure.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Late on August 20, 2021, the Biden State Department added new sanctions to the CBW Act of 1991, which will impact available ammo to firearm owners.

BREAKING NEWS: Biden Administration Bans Russian Ammunition

Late on August 20, 2021, the Biden State Department added new sanctions to the CBW Act of 1991, which will impact available ammo to firearm owners.

Ostensibly as a reprisal for the 2020 poisoning of Russian Dissident Aleksey Navalny, the State Department imposed two new sanctions under the CBW act.

1. Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.
        2. Additional Department of Commerce export restrictions on nuclear and missile related goods and technology pursuant to the Export Control Reform Act of 2018.

These latest sanctions are expected to take place on or about September 7, 2021, and will remain in place for a minimum of 12 months. After 12 months, the Executive Branch (the President) can remove the sanctions if Russia meets certain obligations under the CBW Act.

Comment

So here's a question...Are most AK's such as the cheap POS WASR-10 Century makes considered an import? Do they import parts kits and build them with a few US parts? If so man that will make those things skyrocket in value. Might have to look at selling...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            So here's a question...Are most AK's such as the cheap POS WASR-10 Century makes considered an import? Do they import parts kits and build them with a few US parts? If so man that will make those things skyrocket in value. Might have to look at selling...
            They already have.

Comment

Saw a bunch of Russian made buckshot at Academy last night.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Russian ammo so far hasn’t been too hard to find except those few weeks after the initial announcement, however it has gone up in price and stayed at a steady .25 higher price than before it was announced. Now after stock has depleted and only other mfgs brass cases ammo is available then it will probably hit .308 pricing territory.

Comment

The price of 7.62x39 is a lot closer to 5.56 and 308 now and that blows. It looks like lots more 22LR practice for the time being. I may have to break down and get a 22LR lever gun and revolver too.

Comment

Details are always important. There is not a ban on Russian ammunition. The Commerce Department simply will no longer issue any new import permits for Russian ammunition. Those import permits are good for two years after they've been issued so there will be no shortage of russian-made ammo anytime soon because several hundred new permits were taken out prior to the cutoff date. The only thing that will limit how much ammunition the importers will be able to bring in is their bank account.
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      The price of 7.62x39 is a lot closer to 5.56 and 308 now and that blows. It looks like lots more 22LR practice for the time being. I may have to break down and get a 22LR lever gun and revolver too.
                      Just picked up two boxes of Monarch steel cased 7.62 at Academy in Arlington for 7.99 a box (20rd). Their .223 was 10.99 a box for the same round count.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                        Just picked up two boxes of Monarch steel cased 7.62 at Academy in Arlington for 7.99 a box (20rd). Their .223 was 10.99 a box for the same round count.
                        Nice. I need to check Academy over here. I picked up a 7.62x39 rifle in January for ammo affordability. Then that got borked too. I’m still tempted to get another 7.62x39 rifle.

Comment

SGA has 1k rounds for .40 a round. Free Shipping on orders over 200 bucks.
                          Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
                            SGA has 1k rounds for .40 a round. Free Shipping on orders over 200 bucks.
                            I buy from Steve most of the time. His prices are good and shipping is fast and always free or at cost. I bought some of his brass case reloadable 7.62x39 just last week.

I’m currently shopping a Ruger ranch rifle (bolt action) in 7.62x39 if you see one. It’d make a great truck, hog, predator rifle.

Comment

Working...
                            X