Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    Do we actually have a member here with a tattoo that says "hardcore" ???
    So much win.

Is it just me or could she not have swam to shore? It's not like she was stuck in the middle of the ocean or something. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Rockwall-Woman-Stranded-in-Lake-Survives-214680241.html?partner=nbcnews

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      I feel I'm way late to the party here. Someone catch me up...

Do we actually have a member here with a tattoo that says "hardcore" ???
      Blakeski has it across his chest/stomach.

Comment

I think there is some misguided people in here. I think immigration is great and that's how we are the country that we are. However, groups like La Raza, and other militant immigration organizations that advocate not learning english, and most importantly not assimilating into the American culture is destructive. There are groups and there is a mindset in some circles that reflects this. To ignore it or think it doesn't exist is ignorant. I believe our lack of involvement with immigrants and willingness to accommodate them without putting forth the effort to properly assimilate them eventually lead to a dilution of our culture as a nation. Some people attempt to take an intellectual high ground with posts about how this country was taken from the indians, etc. Every country is taken from another. It's the countries that do not fight to keep their culture that end up as a footnote in the history books. And unfortunately I can see that happening here. It's incrementalism at it's finest.
        Last edited by CJ; 02-04-2014, 11:53 AM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pepsi > Coke

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I think there is some misguided people in here. I think immigration is great and that's how we are the country that we are. However, groups like La Raza, and other militant immigration organizations that advocate not learning english, and most importantly not assimilating into the American culture is destructive. There are groups and there is a mindset in some circles that reflects this. To ignore it or think it doesn't exist is ignorant. I believe our lack of involvement with immigrants and willingness to accommodate them without putting forth the effort to properly assimilate them eventually lead to a dilution of our culture as a nation. Some people attempt to take an intellectual high ground with posts about how this country was taken from the indians, etc. Every country is taken from another. It's the countries that do not fight to keep their culture that end up as a footnote in the history books. And unfortunately I can see that happening here. It's incrementalism at it's finest.
            I think you missed the point of the commercial, too.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post

To sell soda?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                Pepsi > Coke
                No way

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  No way
                  Way!

Comment

No way
                    All day.

Comment

No way

He's posted in the past he has spent some time in Canada. Obviously they've assimilated him. That's all they seem to sell in that country. Gross.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                        I'm not talking about the commercial, I'm talking about the mindset of illegal immigration.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Blakeski has it across his chest/stomach.

Well... allrighty then.

I'm just gonna back outta here slowly and let you gents get back to it.

Comment

I'm not talking about the commercial, I'm talking about the mindset of illegal immigration.
                            This thread, nor the commercial, had anything to do with illegal immigration. Yes, you clearly missed the point.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Singing in different languages means you're pro illegal immigration? Oh.

Comment

I never understand why anyone really gives a damn about this stuff. Frankly, my goofing off time is more important.

You "should" know you're in the wrong when VaderTT, Sean88gt, Talisman, jakesford, Chili, jluv, 46Tbird, and a few others sound like adults and you don't..

Comment

Working...
                                X