No announcement yet.

Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, I'm sippin a Mexican Coke right now..

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
      BTW, I'm sippin a Mexican Coke right now..
      I'm watching Top Gear BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        I'm watching Top Gear BBC.
        I did that on Sunday night to wash away the suck of the Super Bowl. But I'll watch Wheeler Dealers tonight.

If it helps piss anyone off, I'm helping a co worker immigrate from Singapore to Plano on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

If it helps piss anyone off, I'm helping a co worker immigrate from Singapore to Plano on Thursday.

Rot in hell you anti-American bastard.

Comment

So many problems in the country right now, better get worked up over a company marketing it's product how it sees fit. They're trying to sell a product, not sell out America. From what I can tell, no one owns the rights to the song or the tune, so it can be modified in any way an artist sees fit.

Do you throw a hissy fit when companies hire bilingual workers so they can communicate with their customer base? It's the same damned thing.

Bottom line, this is america, we still have the first amendment and no one owns the rights to the song, so find something else to bitch about. Or don't, I couldn't care less.

Comment

Freedom costs a buck o' five....

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                Freedom costs a buck o' five....
                Page 1 asshole!

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                  Anyone who was not offended, or simply didn't care enough to have an opinion...you're either a part or the solution or a part of the problem. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out that half of you voted for the dingleberry in office. On a side note, when is clowning on my tattoos gonna end? My feelings are hurt and I might cry!
                  I wasn't offended in the least. We are a nation of immigrants, even the English language was imported from another country. I think that the multilingual version of "America the Beautiful" was exactly in the spirit that the song was intended. Getting angry over the ad is beyond foolish because cultural diversity is exactly why this country is/was great

Fun fact - The line "Thine alabaster cities gleam" is referring to the White City built for the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Page 1 asshole!
                    Posting on my phone, asshole!! If it's a video, it's a black square, so suck a dick... again....

Comment

And my take on the commercial was it was pretty cool.... it's not like they were all singing their own country's songs to America's tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                        Anyone who was not offended, or simply didn't care enough to have an opinion...you're either a part or the solution or a part of the problem.
                        Flawed logic and dangerous thinking of a lazy mind. Why must you lay down an either/or statement? You're implying that there are only two options. Yes / no. Black / white.

Laying down such a harsh decree while looking at a broad geopolitical issue is your way of avoiding the critical thinking that comes with being a responsible citizen of the world.

Go read up on the Nirvana Fallacy and get back to us later.
                        The perfect solution fallacy is an informal fallacy that occurs when an argument assumes that a perfect solution exists and/or that a solution should be rejected because some part of the problem would still exist after it were implemented. This is an example of black and white thinking, in which a person fails to see the complex interplay between multiple component elements of a situation or problem, and as a result, reduces complex problems to a pair of binary extremes.

It is common for arguments which commit this fallacy to omit any specifics about exactly how, or how badly, a proposed solution is claimed to fall short of acceptability, expressing the rejection in vague terms only. Alternatively, it may be combined with the fallacy of misleading vividness, when a specific example of a solution's failure is described in emotionally powerful detail but base rates are ignored (see availability heuristic).

The fallacy is a type of false dilemma.

Comment

One of Coke's most popular commercials of all time.

You see, Coke was pretty fucking hardcore even in the early 70's...

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                            One of Coke's most popular commercials of all time.

You see, Coke was pretty fucking hardcore even in the early 70's...
                            THAT'S AN OUTRAGE! I'll never buy a Coke produce again!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                              Flawed logic and dangerous thinking of a lazy mind. Why must you lay down an either/or statement? You're implying that there are only two options. Yes / no. Black / white.

Laying down such a harsh decree while looking at a broad geopolitical issue is your way of avoiding the critical thinking that comes with being a responsible citizen of the world.

Go read up on the Nirvana Fallacy and get back to us later.
                              The perfect solution fallacy is an informal fallacy that occurs when an argument assumes that a perfect solution exists and/or that a solution should be rejected because some part of the problem would still exist after it were implemented. This is an example of black and white thinking, in which a person fails to see the complex interplay between multiple component elements of a situation or problem, and as a result, reduces complex problems to a pair of binary extremes.

It is common for arguments which commit this fallacy to omit any specifics about exactly how, or how badly, a proposed solution is claimed to fall short of acceptability, expressing the rejection in vague terms only. Alternatively, it may be combined with the fallacy of misleading vividness, when a specific example of a solution's failure is described in emotionally powerful detail but base rates are ignored (see availability heuristic).

The fallacy is a type of false dilemma.
                              His statement stinks of George Bush's "If you aren't with us you're against us." You're exactly right with the dangerous thinking statement.

Blakeski, you should spend less time partying and getting hardcore tattoos but spend more time thinking, learning, and observing. Hang out with people smarter than you are, force yourself to elevate to their level.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                                His statement stinks of George Bush's "If you aren't with us you're against us." You're exactly right with the dangerous thinking statement.

Blakeski, you should spend less time partying and getting hardcore tattoos but spend more time thinking, learning, and observing. Hang out with people smarter than you are, force yourself to elevate to their level.
                                He's going to get some funny looks hanging out with the 4th graders.

Comment

Working...
                                X