Texas ISD’s Owe Staggering $111.5 Billion in Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    if you cant fucking read, you don't get a diploma. You don't graduate. Period. Teachers are getting the blame for stupid fucking idiots getting passed on to the next grade because they cant hold anyone back and "no child left behind" bullshit.

Get a grip, Frost. I know you're out there, but you are way out there on this one.
    If they weren't getting diplomas I wouldn't have as much of an issue but idiots who can't read are getting diplomas. Explain that one and how do you punish teachers for passing them?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      The same way anyone else is able to tell they've got a bad employee. They stand out.
      I have read of teachers raping students and going to jail and keeping their jobs. How does that happen?
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        I have read of teachers raping students and going to jail and keeping their jobs. How does that happen?
        Unions, Civil Service, anything with organized in it and tax dollars. Lots of BS rules and regulations. Oh shit, they didn't dot that I, here is your job back and back pay. Oh shit they missed getting this page signed, here is your back pay and job back. I have seen a few bad people make it over the years because they did absolutely nothing, flew under the radar, but when they did get caught doing something bad, something was screwed up on the paperwork.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          No, there aren't several tiers to it. I gave you the definition. That's also how the study I linked to you tested for literacy. Don't try to come up with some convoluted bullshit about how you weren't wrong, when you were.

Seeing as you are a genetic dead end you have not had the "Privilege" of dealing with the educators in your local schools. I do not have to come up with a convoluted bullshit definition of literacy because it has been done for me via the local school districts and it ain't just one of them. Don't you have a niece or nephew that you can get some feed back from concerning the district in your area?

PS: Have you ordered your cake yet?
          Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 05-18-2015, 10:41 PM.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

If they weren't getting diplomas I wouldn't have as much of an issue but idiots who can't read are getting diplomas. Explain that one and how do you punish teachers for passing them?
            He already did. No child left behind. You can't punish teachers for passing students that the district administration is forcing them to pass.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Show me where that happens - specifically the keep job part. Not saying it is not true, but I've not seen it. I have seen/heard of teachers being fired even when falsely accused.

As of the rest, it seems like it needs to be some mixture of...

1. Better parenting. A lot of parents do not care at all about their child's future. The #1 thing a parent can do, regardless of income level is teach discipline, manners, work ethic and integrity. That will up the odds of a child's future being positive.

2. More discipline in school: I know this is a fine line too, but teachers should be able to send a kid to the office for a whooping. This helps enforce teachings at home (that should be happening) and at least puts some fear in the kids if they want to misbehave.

3. Keep school interesting: This could be a book, but I often feel more money could be spent on field trips and things in the classroom than fancy buildings and stadiums.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Here's the biggest problem that's going on right now. As of 2 years ago the kids who have been raised in NCLB and it's accommodate, accommodate, accommodate. We can't give them less than a 50 on any progress report or report card. If they do fail they are given the credit recovery program to get a passing grade.
                When they get to HS they have failure built in. They are scheduled for 8 credits per year but only need 6 to get promoted to the next grade. There is no fear of failure anymore. It used to be that if you failed a grade or got held back you were ridiculed and labeled a moron but now the have cute names for them like freshmore and even frenior for those truly special ones.
                I understand that there are bad teachers out there but the good ones far out number them. What is happening is that they are getting run off because they don't teach the test and continue to give the students what they need. The younger teachers and administrators are all about the scores and basically teach that way. When you couple that with the lack of respect,discipline, accountability being taught at home it's a recipe for disaster. They are taking more of the responsibility off of the students and putting it all on the teachers when the students really don't give a shit about learning.
                I've proposed a 3 phase plan that will test a students overall growth and not specific knowledge. So far it has gotten shot down by the higher ups but all the teachers are on board with it. Here is how it goes.
                Give the students a pretest at the beginning of the year in whatever class they are taking. Give them the same test at the middle of the year before Christmas break. Then give them the same test at the end of the year. This will show actual growth and not specific knowledge or memorization. I don't care what anyone says ALL students will learn something. If they don't then that's a failure on the teachers part. Of course you will need to set the acceptable passing standard but growth will happen.

God willing this will be last year in the classroom. I am tired of the constant change and micromanagement. I will still work in education but in a different capacity.

Comment

I like your idea, but the first thing the students will do is bomb the first test. It would be in the best interest of the teachers if they do, so that will be the narrative around the school. I don't see it working unless it counts towards their grade.

Maybe make the first two tests on a curve, and make them count towards their actual final grade. Then the smart kids, that probably wont want to intentionally bomb the test, set the standard, and it hurts those who bomb on purpose. The third test has no curve.

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                    I like your idea, but the first thing the students will do is bomb the first test. It would be in the best interest of the teachers if they do, so that will be the narrative around the school. I don't see it working unless it counts towards their grade.

Maybe make the first two tests on a curve, and make them count towards their actual final grade. Then the smart kids, that probably wont want to intentionally bomb the test, set the standard, and it hurts those who bomb on purpose. The third test has no curve.
                    I pitched taking all tests for a grade but admin shut that down quickly. We are not allowed to give a grade for any standardized test. That includes the district curriculum assessments which is beyond stupid.

In theory if you think about it they shouldn't have little to any prior knowledge of a subject prior to teaching it. Atleast not enough to be able to sway the results that badly.

Comment

• find me a bad school and i'll show you a dipshit for a principal . most time some lame ass coach . without leadership any school will fail. but i guess the teachers are suppose to do the admins job too . your stupid fucking kids cant read because you dont support the teacher. they cant come home with them and see that they do their reading assignments and the dumb fucks in austin wont stay out of the room.
                      show me another profession where your pay is frozen at 20 years . or where even a credit problem can cost you your job . all this shit for 40-48k a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                        find me a bad school and i'll show you a dipshit for a principal . most time some lame ass coach . without leadership any school will fail. but i guess the teachers are suppose to do the admins job too . your stupid fucking kids cant read because you dont support the teacher. they cant come home with them and see that they do their reading assignments and the dumb fucks in austin wont stay out of the room.
                        show me another profession where your pay is frozen at 20 years . or where even a credit problem can cost you your job . all this shit for 40-48k a year.
                        I agree with your post except for the highlighted part. You can have the best leader in the world but if the parents don't follow up and reinforce what we do at school you could put whoever you want in charge and it will fail. At the school I teach at the demographics are 79 percent Hispanic, 20% black and 1 percent everyone else. It is the worst part of Arlington and to be honest education isn't a real big priority at a lot of the households that we serve. I know this because I see it and hell, I have even had parents tell me. We have one of the best administration teams that I have ever worked for and it's a daily struggle to get the majority of the kids to do anything but fuck off because they know it's not important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venom View Post
                          I agree with your post except for the highlighted part. You can have the best leader in the world but if the parents don't follow up and reinforce what we do at school you could put whoever you want in charge and it will fail. At the school I teach at the demographics are 79 percent Hispanic, 20% black and 1 percent everyone else. It is the worst part of Arlington and to be honest education isn't a real big priority at a lot of the households that we serve. I know this because I see it and hell, I have even had parents tell me. We have one of the best administration teams that I have ever worked for and it's a daily struggle to get the majority of the kids to do anything but fuck off because they know it's not important.
                          exact same situation my old lady is in, except the demographic is 90+% black 10% everything else. She pours her heart and soul into her work, goes above and beyond, and still doesn't have the success other schools have. It's not the always the teachers, and usually their hands are tied by administrative bullshit.

Comment

• They're using coaches for principles now? Is any further evidence needed that the whole thing is pretty much a total loss at this point?
                            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                              They're using coaches for principles now? Is any further evidence needed that the whole thing is pretty much a total loss at this point?
                              That is likely very very rare in the grand scheme of things. That's not the first time he's made a comment about coaches in this thread. I'm betting there is a back story there.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                That is likely very very rare in the grand scheme of things. That's not the first time he's made a comment about coaches in this thread. I'm betting there is a back story there.
                                Very true. From my expereince any coach worth his salt is not going to go into administration. The head coach where I was at only made 1.00 less than the principal and had to deal with much less BS. Most coaches that go into administration are from the Jr. High ranks and have much more experience by the time they get to be a full principal.

Comment

Working...
                                X