Texas ISD’s Owe Staggering $111.5 Billion in Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
    Show me another profession where your pay is frozen at 20 years, or where even a credit problem can cost you your job. All this shit for 40-48k a year.
    It sounds like you are describing a mid-management position at a bank.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
      find me a bad school and i'll show you a dipshit for a principal . most time some lame ass coach . without leadership any school will fail. but i guess the teachers are suppose to do the admins job too . your stupid fucking kids cant read because you dont support the teacher. they cant come home with them and see that they do their reading assignments and the dumb fucks in austin wont stay out of the room.
      show me another profession where your pay is frozen at 20 years . or where even a credit problem can cost you your job . all this shit for 40-48k a year.
      Show me another profession where at 3 years you get tenure.

You're not suppose to get rich as a teacher, everyone knows going in it isn't a high paying job. although, I see the pay of teachers on a daily basis, and some of them make a hell of a lot more money than I think they're worth, personally. I see teachers at 20 years bringing in 140k/yr, that is fucking ridiculous imho.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• So how about that Jon Kitna deal? $25k over the cap and his 3 assistant coaches are all getting paid the max for head coaches. Also their wives all got jobs with the district and Kitna's dad is the equipment manager now.

Waxahachie is ready to play some football!

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Show me another profession where at 3 years you get tenure.

You're not suppose to get rich as a teacher, everyone knows going in it isn't a high paying job. although, I see the pay of teachers on a daily basis, and some of them make a hell of a lot more money than I think they're worth, personally. I see teachers at 20 years bringing in 140k/yr, that is fucking ridiculous imho.
          Contrary to popular belief most teachers in TX are on year to year contacts. I have been here 8 years and I have had to sign a contract every year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venom View Post
            Contrary to popular belief most teachers in TX are on year to year contacts. I have been here 8 years and I have had to sign a contract every year.
            Do they even do the no contract deal anymore? I heard my wife and MIL talking about it a while back, MIL doesn't have a yearly contract, wife does.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Also, that 140k figure has got to be an outlier, I just checked the local city schools and highest dollar figure at 35 years of tenure is 85k.

Comment

• lol @ a public school teacher in TX making $140k/yr
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• my wife signs a contract every year...

also, tenure or not, if a district doesn't like you/want you, they'll make you quit... or really fucking want to.
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    my wife signs a contract every year...

also, tenure or not, if a district doesn't like you/want you, they'll make you quit... or really fucking want to.
                    This is truth. You have some protections but if they want you out you'll be gone. I have one good friend who was really outspoken and they didn't renew him but he was a probationary teacher.
                    They also ran off an Art teacher at my current school and threatened her with non renewal with the state if she didn't resign. That type of non renewal goes on your permanent record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      lol @ a public school teacher in TX making $140k/yr
                      I'm going to have to raise the BS flag on that one too. There is no way a regular classroom teacher in a public school makes that.

Comment

I'm going to have to raise the BS flag on that one too. There is no way a regular classroom teacher in a public school makes that.
                        Can't you just google that anyways? I just found 2 teachers I know.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                          Can't you just google that anyways? I just found 2 teachers I know.
                          It's all public knowledge so you can find it. There are always exceptions to every rule but as a whole classroom teachers don't make that much. If they did everyone would be doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                            Do they even do the no contract deal anymore? I heard my wife and MIL talking about it a while back, MIL doesn't have a yearly contract, wife does.
                            Your MIL is grandfathered in and has a lifetime contract. They eliminated those about 10 years ago. She probably also has a lifetime teaching certificate. The newer teachers have to renew them with SBEC every 6 years.

Comment

That type of non renewal goes on your permanent record.
                              Ironically, the permanent record exists for the teachers, instead of the students.
                              WH

Comment

• there is no tenure in texas. there is a 3 year probation period. my bride had a lifetime certificate but never a lifetime contract . renews every year .
                                base pay for a teacher maxes out at approx 44,500. new hire is less than 30k. so to get to 140k a year you must be in a hell of a district that will throw in 100k . on average teacher pay is a little over 50k . small districts just dont have the money to throw in. i dont think anyone with a brain would go into teaching for the money .
                                yes there are some worthless teachers out there but they only exist because of lack of leadership and no balls administrators who will not get rid of them. for the most part parents are clueless as to their rights or afraid to rock the boat.
                                if you are not going to hold students accountable for their action don't even start to hold a teacher responsible for the outcome .

Comment

Working...
                                X