• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my wife doesn't get home until 6-7 most nights
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      my wife doesn't get home until 6-7 most nights
      Marisa was doing the same her first year, but this year i was able to convince her to leave work at work and check out by 5-6p every day, she needs that time after work to get her head back to normal and relax before another day of hell.

Comment

my wife doesn't get home until 6-7 most nights
        Mine used to be like this, but now...

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
        Marisa was doing the same her first year, but this year i was able to convince her to leave work at work and check out by 5-6p every day, she needs that time after work to get her head back to normal and relax before another day of hell.
        ...she's like this. It helps too with our boys. They leave the house at 7 each morning, and she usually is home with the boys by a little after 5 at the latest. Sometimes she'll grade papers and do lesson plans at night, but not nearly as often. It takes a lot of will to get to that point. It also means closing her door during her planning time so people don't come in to chit chat and let her get work done. She loves it, but it's not for me, and I love kids. I coach baseball year round and work with tons of kids and teams, but no way could I teach.

Comment

Also remember that's 5-7 12hr days per week with the lion's share being spent with a bunch of annoying ass kids and the rest of the time dealing with bullshit PC politics and just enough unrealistic patents sprinkled in to make you wonder why you started in the first place.

At least, that's what I see my wife and her colleagues do.

I wouldn't do her job for $250k/yr,and I'm not exaggerating one bit
          So it's like basic training but you get to go home, the day ends at 12 hours and pays better?
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            So it's like basic training but you get to go home, the day ends at 12 hours and pays better?
            Doesn't seem comparable to me. For the most part, BT is more like getting paid to go to school. You aren't really being productive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              I'll never argue against the fact that the military are grossly underpaid

Comment

• I was pulling in under 1400 a month as an E4 in 04. Then you deduct taxes and it's crap but hey, the benefits suck.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I'll never argue against the fact that the military are grossly underpaid
                  I don't buy into that shit. As an E6 in 2000 my take home was around $80k a year and I only paid taxes on half of it. The problem is that all the civilians see are the "base pay" charts. I got a whole lot of other pay due to specific skills I had and allowances for food, housing etc. that aren't taxed and are not on charts you ever see.

I only served 10 years, so what would I know about military pay.... It took me several years after the navy to get a job that paid me better and has similar benefits.

Comment

• I guess I was specifically referring to those who see actual combat. Not semen.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      I don't buy into that shit. As an E6 in 2000 my take home was around $80k a year and I only paid taxes on half of it. The problem is that all the civilians see are the "base pay" charts. I got a whole lot of other pay due to specific skills I had and allowances for food, housing etc. that aren't taxed and are not on charts you ever see.

I only served 10 years, so what would I know about military pay.... It took me several years after the navy to get a job that paid me better and has similar benefits.
                      How did you start as an E6?

It's a rhetorical question.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• Meanwhile, law professors start out around $100k, plus for experience. May adjunct my ass off once done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Venom View Post
                          That's not surprising if you're comparing salaries to other states but the discussion was about Texas and you go and throw out random numbers you found on Google. I have friends that are teachers in California that start out making 80K a year. That's equivalent to about 35K here. It was an apples to oranges comparison. In Texas I know teacher that have 30+ years experience and they only make about 70K per year. Teachers don't do it for the money. There is a ton of waste in other areas that have already been discussed. AISD passed a 563 million bond package last year that they are going to cost 1.3 Billion by the time they pay back the interest.
                          I didn't find shit on google, actually. It's from personal experience. You literally just bullshitted through my points and landed on the same conclusion I did. Teacher's don't do it for the money.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                          X