Precious metal purchases ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Precious metal purchases ?

Where's a good place you ballers are getting your bars these days ? Thinking I should expand to some tangible assets...

No clue. My tangible assets are whiskey, beer, and project cars.

Comment

Not a baller.

I shop JM Bullion and TX Precious metals mostly.

Silver spot price is okay right now but premiums are at stupid highs. My first US silver Eagle, I paid spot +$0.25 and I remember being pissed. Now it’s spot plus $4-$10 an ounce. Good is spot plus $100 or more.

I’d explain how bullion Is being colossally screwed by banks and markets, but that’s probably why you want to diversify.

Comment

They're more like a savings account. One where they can't steal from you via inflation. Look at their charts going back to the 1970's. Or even hundreds of years. There was that old English poem iirc, about how a sovereign would buy you and a few friends a good dinner at the best restaurant in town. Or buy you a nice suit. Still about right, to this day.

They're a good way to hide from inflation, but I don't think I'd call them an "asset". To me something that's an asset will appreciate and you'll come out ahead. With metals it's more like you just won't lose anything.

I think part of that is because the Fed works to keep them down.
        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          They're more like a savings account. One where they can't steal from you via inflation. Look at their charts going back to the 1970's. Or even hundreds of years. There was that old English poem iirc, about how a sovereign would buy you and a few friends a good dinner at the best restaurant in town. Or buy you a nice suit. Still about right, to this day.

They're a good way to hide from inflation, but I don't think I'd call them an "asset". To me something that's an asset will appreciate and you'll come out ahead. With metals it's more like you just won't lose anything.

I've thought about this and being going to APMEX. Been thinking myself of buying some bars. Your not buying at raised price from the dealer. Will lose some money, atheist Noone else will make money off you.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post

That’s a pretty fair description based on my experience over the last 15 years or so. I just like having some metals instead of having it all in the stock market too. Especially once you realize there are some that think 401ks should be nationalized and mandatory. That’s essentially just another social security tax if they go that route. That might even force me to mostly metal.

Comment

Be very diverse. Metals, stocks, crypto, real estate, some expensive rolex, some classic car, etc. You'll watch one plummet while your other thing skyrockets, often times. But as long as you're well diversified you're hard to kill. Hard for you to be wiped out financially. But you have to have the gold physically, metal in a location you control. So not at a bank, that's the bank's property not yours.

Otherwise when you really need it, it won't be there.

Something interesting I've been looking at are Gold mining company royalties. Have a lot work to do on those though. So if they mined 1,000 ounces, maybe 25 ounces of that gets paid out as royalties. Sounds a lot like dividends to me, but apparently it's different somehow. Just found out about them a couple months ago, haven't had time to do a lot of research on them.
              WH

Comment

Prices keep going up on these precious metals. Time to buy or wait.

Comment

I just discovered anew previous metal @ $14,000 an.d ounce.....Rhodium

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                    Prices keep going up on these precious metals. Time to buy or wait.
                    It's a bad time due to premiums as far as I'm concerned. That said, I still buy since I'm long silver and gold.

The price of rhodium, palladium and platinum are stupid. If I had to tell you why, you'd probably get angry and call me a conspiracy nut, but it has a legal reason.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      It's a bad time due to premiums as far as I'm concerned. That said, I still buy since I'm long silver and gold.

The price of rhodium, palladium and platinum are stupid. If I had to tell you why, you'd probably get angry and call me a conspiracy nut, but it has a legal reason.

Let's hear it

Comment

Working...
                      X