Craigslist sucks…for buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist sucks…for buyers

I’ve been looking for a project car for the past few weeks and have found a few nice ones on Craigslist. Apparently no one checks their email that’s connected to an ad. The last 3 people I’ve tried to contact to buy a vehicle, I get no response. Bullshit!

Selling or buying anything online these days is a beat down. I hear ya on the no responses, take the effing ad down if its sold.

What ya looking for ? Im always running across stuff (cause im always looking too)

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
      Selling or buying anything online these days is a beat down. I hear ya on the no responses, take the effing ad down if its sold.

What ya looking for ? Im always running across stuff (cause im always looking too)
      I really am not looking at any one thing in particular, but if something catches me eye that looks like a cool project. Something classic of course.

Comment

I think being ignored on facebook pisses me off worse. I KNOW you saw my message, I can SEE IT!!!! At least have the courtesy to tell me if it's sold or pending!!!

Comment

CL sucks for sellers too. Lowballers galore.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
            I really am not looking at any one thing in particular, but if something catches me eye that looks like a cool project. Something classic of course.
            I have a 97 Cobra vert roller I'll sell you...
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Craigslist sucks PERIOD. I use Craigslist on a regular basis to sell things and constantly get flooded with messages everytime I list anything from scammers asking me to send them a "confirmation code". It's not really that Craigslist sucks as much as it is PEOPLE SUCK.

Comment

i gave up on cl a long time ago. i think most people moved to marketplace. only bad part is those guys selling toys and shit. they flood a search page with 50 diecast cars and shit.
                i've sold a bunch there and found lots of parts.

Comment

I’m not on Facebook, I left that hell hole years ago so that’s not an option. Has anyone used oodle.cars marketplace?

If anyone sees something classic like 60s in good shape body wise I’m all ears. I’ve also scouted some 2nd Gen Trans Am/Camaros as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                    I have a 97 Cobra vert roller I'll sell you...
                    No, Thank you. If it wasn’t a vert i would highly consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                      I’m not on Facebook, I left that hell hole years ago so that’s not an option. Has anyone used oodle.cars marketplace?

If anyone sees something classic like 60s in good shape body wise I’m all ears. I’ve also scouted some 2nd Gen Trans Am/Camaros as well.
                      yeah it's fucked up lefty land but marketplace is good to troll thru when your looking for something. i've bought 2 trucks , my falcon , my brides bronco plus a ton of parts all at pretty good deals .

Comment

I don't CL anymore and I don't do the SM's but I did buy a burner phone to get on FB Market place earlier this year to sell trucks and it worked great.
                        I sold my F.I.L.'s '04 S-10, my cousins '18 Taco TuRD and my own '05 chebby truck.

It took me two months each on the older trucks and a month on the newer truck, a shit load of lowball offers but each time someone stepped up and paid what I was asking for, I was always polite to the low ballers and assholes but, I never stooped down to their assholiness.

Though I wanted go straight DFDub Stangs on them bitches...
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

i found this falcon on marketplace. all orig clean blue title and even got the keys with it for 1200 . i also found a rollback trailer for 2800. like anything else you have to pull the trigger right away . the lady selling the trailer had 10 people wanting to come see it. i was first in line and took it site unseen. great buy.

i dont fool with the other stuff. i end up in facebook jail every time.

Comment

I have a BS Facebook account. Just sold my VFR yesterday, 10 lowballers and then the guy that showed up yesterday didn't even haggle, he was just excited it was in my name. I have found that is the way it is with everything.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

yep. a blue title not transferred in years is useless. i have a blue texas title issued in 97 that is useless .

Comment

Working...
                              X