Home builder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home builder question

I want to build a custom home based off a house that we found and fell in love with two years ago. Who would I contact in order to figure out how much it would cost to build?

No clue but get ready to pay out the ass and wait a long time lol.. new construction been insane last couple years.. people just starting to catch up now that interest rates are high as fuck
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Charlie, the guy with the flag foxbody.

Comment

Are you using a lender? We're under contract to buy a large tract of land and my lender said any builder we use must be approved by the bank beforehand. He mentioned that they have several builder's contact info from previous successful builds.

We're still months away from even considering starting a build, but that's likely where I'll start (the bank's list of recommended builders).

Comment

Not sure of your plans. We used Tilson as our builder in the Hill Country and couldn't have been more pleased. Our Friends in Collin County used them based on what they saw at our place. They finished in June and are happy as well.
          Tilson builds all over the State. They have a little advantage on materials because of their "bulk" buying. Their upfront contract price only changed when we made a change. No surprises on their part.
          We did use one of their floor plans, but modified it pretty heavily. Just a thought...

Comment

I can probably give you a general idea of cost per sq ft. To build with current prices. Shoot me a message

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I spoke to two different builders around 6 weeks ago and both told me the same number - $130/SF - for the house and roughly $40/SF for a shop.

The number for the house includes everything except the land. Utilities from the street, driveway, complete build on your land. Not ultra high-end finishes but not a budget builder's grade either. A nice custom home.

Comment

Given the current costs of materials and labor $130/sf sounds low to me. My new house was a lot more than that but it’s super nice. It is also in a much cheaper area than DFW. My 2018 new build that we sold in DFW earlier this year sold for well over $200/sf. We paid about $160/sf to build it in 2018 and it was 1.5 stories. I feel like the 2nd story per sq ft is always a rip off.

Comment

Havent bought any lumber in a while I needed 2x10x 8 footers for some scaffolding. I was pleasantly surprised when I paid 7.98 each today. I was expecting double that. So lumber has settled.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                    Given the current costs of materials and labor $130/sf sounds low to me. My new house was a lot more than that but it’s super nice. It is also in a much cheaper area than DFW. My 2018 new build that we sold in DFW earlier this year sold for well over $200/sf. We paid about $160/sf to build it in 2018 and it was 1.5 stories. I feel like the 2nd story per sq ft is always a rip off.
                    Both builders mentioned that prices have come down considerably in the recent past. I did find it interesting that they both gave me the exact same price per square foot. I didn't hint at a number at all.

Comment

That sounds like a good deal given the current market. If you can swing it and plan to live there a long time, it might be worth it. If you have to borrow at current internet rates though, you may want to hold off.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                        I spoke to two different builders around 6 weeks ago and both told me the same number - $130/SF - for the house and roughly $40/SF for a shop.

The number for the house includes everything except the land. Utilities from the street, driveway, complete build on your land. Not ultra high-end finishes but not a budget builder's grade either. A nice custom home.
                        What builder? I would assume this is in the county? I'm in the process right now of building a small basic home for my mom and I'm at $170.

Comment

Have you looked at Tilson homes? They built our place in the Hill Country. They did awesome for us. Our friends in Farmersville used them as well with great results.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                            What builder? I would assume this is in the county? I'm in the process right now of building a small basic home for my mom and I'm at $170.
                            My lender recommended these two. I have zero experience with either of them other than one phone call to discuss pricing. Both of them quoted me $130/SF (garage and porches count towards that number) within the last two months. Both said this was a nice custom home, not run-of-the-mill spec home.

I have done a number of builds with Hunt Brothers Construction, Richard Hunt at 214-325-0531 and Scott Clements at 469-853-7952. Both of these builders are in great standing with ANB and build a good home as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              My lender recommended these two. I have zero experience with either of them other than one phone call to discuss pricing. Both of them quoted me $130/SF (garage and porches count towards that number) within the last two months. Both said this was a nice custom home, not run-of-the-mill spec home.

I have done a number of builds with Hunt Brothers Construction, Richard Hunt at 214-325-0531 and Scott Clements at 469-853-7952. Both of these builders are in great standing with ANB and build a good home as well.
                              Thanks I'm going to reach out to them.

Comment

Working...
                              X